Cat 5/6 - Where can I buy in JHB?

Niren_M

Where in Johannesburg can one purchase a 80 metre Cat5 or Cat6 LAN cable with RJ45 connectors?
Ideally the cable should be built to run both indoors & outdoors.

Thanks!

Segg

Expert Member
If you are going to go through walls and such buy the cable and connectors then crimp them yourself, Matrix sells it a R3pm iirc, communica at R2.20

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Scoop distribution in Midrand, Uniterm (DBG) in modderfontein (mybb members get discount), cable appliance in Randburg

upup

Executive Member
I bought a roll, 500 meters from a BEE company and I suffer.

The colors are bad. orange white and orange look about the same, so are all the colors.

Was working last week with a older cable, how nice, clear differences.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I bought a roll, 500 meters from a BEE company and I suffer.

The colors are bad. orange white and orange look about the same, so are all the colors.

Was working last week with a older cable, how nice, clear differences.
Forget the colours, some of the stuff people are selling is only copper coated, not actual copper. So you will struggle with your connectivity of have very low speeds especially with the longer cables

Segg

Expert Member
The box I purchased from Communica is solid copper, don't know about the matrix stuff, I haven't purchased from them for a year or two, but I've had good consistent speeds with both

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
I buy my cabling from Linkqage here in Cape Town and I see they do have an office in Midrand. They might be able to help you out...

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Or you can try cable feeder systems in edenvale / kempton, also very well priced