Cat S60: world’s first smartphone with a thermal camera

Pitbull

Verboten
I was checking these CAT phones the other day. I haven't had any feedback on them yet as to whether they are as rugged as it's being claimed. I'm surely in the market for one if it's really that good.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
I was checking these CAT phones the other day. I haven't had any feedback on them yet as to whether they are as rugged as it's being claimed. I'm surely in the market for one if it's really that good.

People in construcion and on farms use them quite a bit.

Pitbull

Verboten
People in construcion and on farms use them quite a bit.

My phones just don't last, thus the reason I have not had one for about 2 years. I keep breaking them by accident and just figured not worth the hassle. I recall the only Nokia they had can't recall what it was named and that thing was like a BRICK!. I would gladly get something similar. Maybe I should just go buy one and see... I posted in the Cellphones thread but about 300 people read it and not one single review. Guess they not that popular in the Geek world :eek:

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
My phones just don't last, thus the reason I have not had one for about 2 years. I keep breaking them by accident and just figured not worth the hassle. I recall the only Nokia they had can't recall what it was named and that thing was like a BRICK!. I would gladly get something similar. Maybe I should just go buy one and see... I posted in the Cellphones thread but about 300 people read it and not one single review. Guess they not that popular in the Geek world :eek:

From the spec sheet of the S40 that's out now:

MIL-STD-810G certified - salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation, transport and thermal shock resistant

supersunbird

Honorary Master
As said on the other thread about this phone, perfect for neighbourhood watch activity, for when the POS hide in a veld...

Pitbull

Verboten
From the spec sheet of the S40 that's out now:

And that's the exact one I'm looking at.

Apparently drop proof up to a height of 1.8m and water resistant to a depth of 1m for 30 minutes.

konfab

Honorary Master
Party pictures are going to get very interesting...:whistling:

Thor

Honorary Master
This will be my upgrade after this k@k S6.

That battery must be so gawd damn sexy!!!

supersunbird

Honorary Master
What distance does the flir work to?

It can measure surface temperatures from a distance of up to 30m

That's just how far it can measure, so I'm sure it will see much further (anything between 50m to 100m will be more than enough), a person really stands out against the cold background of vegetation at night.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
That's just how far it can measure, so I'm sure it will see much further (anything between 50m to 100m will be more than enough), a person really stands out against the cold background of vegetation at night.

yep, sounds like it could be a very handy device :)

falcon786

Honorary Master
Finally something groundbreaking in the mobile world instead of bits and pieces upgrades,I want that FLIR camera,could prove very useful to me in many situations.