Cat S60: world’s first smartphone with a thermal camera

supersunbird

Honorary Master
The Cat will cost more than R10 000 and i have a newish phone, thanks for the link

d7e7r7

Executive Member
This would be very useful for law enforcement and security companies to find people hiding in bushes and on properties in the dark.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I'd go for this, but we probably won't get it. It's always bloody Samsung, Sony and LG all the way. And of course HTC :eek:

NBC

I was checking these CAT phones the other day. I haven't had any feedback on them yet as to whether they are as rugged as it's being claimed. I'm surely in the market for one if it's really that good.

I have the B15Q and it really is all it is cracked up to be. I've thrown this thing against the wall, dropped it in the pool, driven over it and it still works without a problem. Screen even works when wet. Due for an upgrade in August, hope they bring out some more models before then.

Pitbull

Verboten
I have the B15Q and it really is all it is cracked up to be. I've thrown this thing against the wall, dropped it in the pool, driven over it and it still works without a problem. Screen even works when wet. Due for an upgrade in August, hope they bring out some more models before then.

Yea, I'll purchase one and give it a go.

Thanks for the feedback.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
We got FLIR last year for thermal textile projects ..... the unintended consequence is learning alot about peoples feelings from their hot spots .... :)

Actually, it is handy for electrical hotspots, bearings and boiler pipes.

Cant make calls on it though ....

falcon786

Honorary Master

Thanks,although clarity seems a bit swak compared to the CAT.Also I wouldn't bother carrying something like that around as an extra prone to getting lost/breaking/taking space in your pocket,the CAT implementation in a rugged smartphone with waterproofing is just very practical for everyday use.I could even start letting my kids touch my phone!:p

If you ever wondered why your son was taking so long in the shower :whistling:

I don't think it sees through walls/doors that easily more an aid for darkness.You may be looking for xray vision to spy on your son.:erm::wtf:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Yup MTN has been advertising CAT phones for a good few months already.