• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Catfished man flies 13 000km to Cape Town to be with his 'true love'

schumi

Honorary Master
Cape Town - When an American citizen met a Cape Town woman on Craigslist, an international classified website, he thought he had found love, and travelled 13 000kms across the Atlantic Ocean to meet her.

Little did Michael Morgan, 67, of North Carolina realise he was a victim of catfishing and that his true love did not exist.

Michael arrived at Cape Town International Airport last Tuesday to meet Caryl Jones, a 35-year-old nurse working at Groote Schuur Hospital and who claimed she had recently inherited $12 million (about R140 million) from her diamond baron dad.

But after waiting at the airport for more than an hour and then going to Caryl’s Vredehoek home and then her workplace, Michael realised he had been duped.
More at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-af...o-cape-town-to-be-with-his-true-love-13727914

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Cape Town - When an American citizen met a Cape Town woman on Craigslist, an international classified website, he thought he had found love, and travelled 13 000kms across the Atlantic Ocean to meet her.

Michael arrived at Cape Town International Airport last Tuesday to meet Caryl Jones, a 35-year-old nurse working at Groote Schuur Hospital and who claimed she had recently inherited $12 million (about R140 million) from her diamond baron dad.

Lol, to me it sounds more like Michael saw the true love in the 'inheritance' I mean,

Michael says he was very disappointed when he realised he’d been floused: “I spent $900 for my flight here and $800 for the flight home, I also spent $300 for taxi services and hotel fees.
desperate to draw on that inheritance. I may be wrong here, but hey...

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Little did Michael Morgan, 67, of North Carolina realise he was a victim of catfishing and that his true love did not exist.
I thought wisdom came with age :wtf:

Temujin

Expert Member
So I shouldn't fly to nigeria to collect my $100billion inheritance I got on email?:crying:

Last edited:

Baise

So how does the rest of the scam work ?

He gets here and goes home again ? Is that it ?

ambroseg1

Executive Member
So I shouldn't fly to nigeria to collect my $100billion inheritance I got on email?:crying:
ONLY, if they can prove its legit. This proof could be in the form of a payment you must make to the lawyers to release the funds to you. Only then do you book the plane ticket.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
She told him her father had died and that her mother was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.

“She was going to come to me, but claimed she could not fly over to the US because her mother told her she had inherited $12 million from her dad,” Michael explains
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

rorz0r

Executive Member
A $44,000 passport.... Wow, must let you breeze into any country in the world, automatic lounge access and VIP queues on every airline :D

Neoprod

Honorary Master
what the eff would a 35 year old lady with 12 million dollars need a dude twice her age for? This mofo is dumb as a bag of rocks.