CCMA - Question concerning clearing name of employee

Moon8805

Hi all,

I've been doing quite a bit of research before posting this, but still require some guidance.

Long story put short, I've taken my previous employer to the CCMA for unfair dismissal. The Conciliation took place (he requested to separate the con/arb process) and the commissioner signed off for the case to move onto arbitration - which is tomorrow.

Now, my question is: how important is it to get him to sign a letter stating that my name is clear and that I was unfairly dismissed?
I only worked under him for half a year and someone else at the company is a reference on my CV. I've heard if I don't get it signed it could negatively impact my credit score and the ability to find alternative employment? (I've been employed at another place of work for a few months already after being unfairly dismissed)
However, if this letter is not important, then I don't need to worry. But if it is of some importance, what exactly does one say on this letter? I don't have the foggiest idea of how to even start drafting such a letter that I can take into the arbitration.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.