CDC: 1,287,595 injury reports following Covid shots

lexity

Executive Member

VAERS data released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show 1,287,595 reports of adverse events from all age groups following COVID-19 vaccines, including 28,532 deaths and 235,041 serious injuries between Dec. 14, 2020, and May 27, 2022.

Historically, VAERS has been shown to report only 1% of actual vaccine adverse events.

capd

Expert Member
VAERS?!

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

Overall, we rate OpenVAERS Right Biased based on editorial positions that advocate for conservative vaccine hesitancy. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting based on taking unvetted data from VAERS literally and promoting misleading information based on the data.
Detailed Report

Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

History

Founded in January 2021, OpenVaers is a website that searches the US Government’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database. According to their FAQ page, “We do not change, modify or vet data. We take the downloads, upload them to our server and put a different face on them, so they are easier to browse and get quick, accurate info from.” The website lacks transparency as they do not name authors, ownership, or disclose the location.

Funded by / Ownership

Ownership is not disclosed on the website; however, on the FAQ page, they state, “OpenVAERS is a project developed by a small team of people with vaccine injuries or have children with vaccine injuries. We do not accept donations or solicit fees. There is zero monetization of this site.”

Analysis

Established in 1990, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) is a national early warning system to detect possible safety problems in U.S.-licensed vaccines. VAERS is co-managed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The main purpose is to detect new, unusual, or rare vaccine adverse events.

The VAERS website disclaims that “anyone can report an adverse event to VAERS” and that content is not vetted before being made public; therefore, there is likely a significant amount of misinformation published. We also highly recommend this article Understanding causality in adverse events after vaccination as a way to understand why VAERS does not prove causality and why the numbers should not be taken literally.

Bias

While the website does not alter information obtained from VAERS, they publish numbers on Covid-19 that may be misleading as these stats are not vetted and most likely are not accurate. For example, they list Covid Vaccine Deaths as over 11K as of today. They also list over 1000 miscarriages and close to 5000 heart attacks. This data may have been entered into VAERS, but there is zero evidence to support the validity of these claims.

The OpenVAERS website also features a blog that holds a right-leaning bias that promotes vaccine hesitation. For example, in this article OpenVAERS Call to Action written by the anonymous “The Arkivist,” they state, “The mainstream narrative completely fell apart this week. In spite of an aggressive propaganda campaign by the Biden White House, it is now clear that coronavirus “vaccines” do not stop infection, transmission, nor hospitalizations and deaths in the vaccinated.” Further, in this blog post, they take the literal VAERS numbers to promote misinformation such as this “these shots have produced four times more fatalities than the terrorist attacks on 9/11.” At this point, there is little evidence anyone has died as a direct result of the vaccine.

In general, OpenVAERS does not alter data from the VAERS database; however, they do take the numbers literally and often come to false or misleading conclusions that cannot be proven.

Overall, we rate OpenVAERS Right Biased based on editorial positions that advocate for conservative vaccine hesitancy. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting based on taking unvetted data from VAERS literally and promoting misleading information based on the data. (D. Van Zandt 8/3/2021)

I do use my brain. And Media bias fact check is the best I can find.

Lol. Change my mind that this is going to happen here.

Temujin

Honorary Master

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
VAERS is for reporting any injury. From a drop of blood, a raised bump or anything up to death. The vast majority of injury reports are of very minor effects such as the former.

Care to tell how many deaths or serious effects from the shot?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
VAERS is unverified data.... these people might be reporting that their dog peed on them and you would'nt know any better.
Nobody has actually checked whether ANY of these events actually took place at all.
The purpose of VAERS is for the medical fraternity to look for trends in reporting. That is all.

And that Lew Rockwell website??? Features an interview with Andrew Wakefield on the front page as well... the father of Anti-Vax quackery.

You really have no clue at all what you are doing ... do you?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So the question is:

Did the CDC release new data recently?

Yes, then go and access it and do your own analysis.
No, then ignore the report and carry on with your life.

It is as simple as that.

lexity

Executive Member
So the question is:

Did the CDC release new data recently?

Yes, then go and access it and do your own analysis.
No, then ignore the report and carry on with your life.

It is as simple as that.
Not sure if I asked you this before, but have you paid much attention to the Germ Theory vs Terrain Theory discussions?

lexity

Executive Member
VAERS is for reporting any injury. From a drop of blood, a raised bump or anything up to death. The vast majority of injury reports are of very minor effects such as the former.

Third paragraph:
The data included a total of 28,532 reports of deaths — an increase of 220 over the previous week — and 235,041 serious injuries, including deaths, during the same time period — up 2,347compared with the previous week.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Not sure if I asked you this before, but have you paid much attention to the Germ Theory vs Terrain Theory discussions?
Apologies missed your question.

I have not really thought about it much lately. Got to grips with both these theories at the time when the great HIV fiasco was unfolding in SA. ( 2001- to 2009)?

I actually do not support the views that the two theories are mutually exclusive and that elements of both theories are probably the best way to explain why diseases flourish in some and not in others.

The best paper I found in about 2019 on the subject is probably this one:

The paper lists the differences between the two and also describes the Germ Terrrain Duality Theory, which in my opinion is the one that is probably the best.

The rabid pro-vaxxers generally believe in the Germ theory exclusively, and the rabid anti-vaxxers believe only in the Terrain Theory. In my opinion rational sane people accept something in the middle as probably being closer to the "truth".

Attachments

• JOJNHC.MS.ID.555631.pdf
    334.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

capd

Expert Member

I have not really thought about it much lately. Got to grips with both these theories at the time when the great HIV fiasco was unfolding in SA. ( 2001- to 2009)?

I actually do not support the views that the two theories are mutually exclusive and that elements of both theories are probably the best way to explain why diseases flourish in some and not in others.

The paper lists the differences between the two and also describes the Germ Terrrain Duality Theory, which in my opinion is the one that is probably the best.
Agreed.

@lexity, @Nicodeamus also has some excellent enlightening threads for further reading on Terrain Theory. Can't remember them all but IIRC this was one of them – https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/the-hiv-doesnt-cause-aids-misinformation-thread.1163288/.

lexity

Executive Member

The rabid pro-vaxxers generally believe in the Germ theory exclusively, and the rabid anti-vaxxers believe only in the Terrain Theory. In my opinion rational sane people accept something in the middle as probably being closer to the "truth".
Thanks for that.

I guess the thing I try to keep upper-most in mind, analysing these things, is self-ownership i.e. can I say 'no thanks', regardless of how foolish I am being with my own body? This even trumps burden of proof, because there is nothing like an absence of a safety-net, to focus one's attention.

Also, you may be right about the truth usually being somewhere in the middle, although I wouldn't use that as the sole criteria if I can at all help it.

It's probably far less risky to try to make at least some sense of the available arguments and then, until more evidence/criticism becomes available, go with the one that makes the most sense to you. Although it sounds like you are doing that.

Only reason I mention this last part is because people think the same about economic policy i.e. whether free markets would work, and they could not be more wrong. An extreme position is not necessarily the least reasonable.

lexity

Executive Member
@Geoff.D @capd

What are your thoughts on isolation and purification of virus?

Kauffman, Cowan and Massey are saying there has been none, still.

The HIV/AIDS link was picked up by Hugo Kruger recently. and he described being still in shock, after having been a true believer in the State-corporate narrative for so long

150 health regulatory bodies across the world were contacted and asked if they are aware of any studies which show that a virus from any sick person has been isolated and purified.

As far as I know, they all said no.

So it sounds like, yet again, he who has the power to define/redefine terms can get away with doing all kinds of things he could not, before.

Last edited:

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
fake news, not a single person has experienced any side effect / injury / death after vaccination ..........

msm told us that the vaccines are safe and effective....

:rolleyes:

The vaccines are safe and effective. Here is what VAERS reports:

Neuk_

Executive Member
So 28,532 reports of deaths out of how many million vaccine shots? Care to tell where that lies statistically? Does it exceed the deaths from over the counter paracetamol?

More importantly, for deaths and other 'adverse affects', how many are without a doubt, 100% attributed to a vaccine? My hair stylist is not a murderer just because I died of a heart attack after getting a hair cut.

Lupus

Honorary Master
More importantly, for deaths and other 'adverse affects', how many are without a doubt, 100% attributed to a vaccine? My hair stylist is not a murderer just because I died of a heart attack after getting a hair cut.
We don't ban beds cause a lot of people die in them right?
Also which vaccine there are like 10 for COVID.

Cray

Honorary Master
@Geoff.D @capd

What are your thoughts on isolation and purification of virus?

Kauffman, Cowan and Massey are saying there has been none, still.

The HIV/AIDS link was picked up by Hugo Kruger recently. and he described being still in shock, after having been a true believer in the State-corporate narrative for so long

Hügo Krüger​

Engineer and Podcast host @HgoKrger1 https://odysee.com/@hugokruger:5
Well, that was predictable.... :X3: