• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Cel-Fi signal boosters for indoors available from Vodacom

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Hi guys. We have all seen the threads asking how to get a booster installed in homes etc where there is poor coverage. Previously you would have to log a call with Vodacom and they would have to come and install it etc. Cel-Fi boosters can now be obtained from Vodacom retail outlets. Just ask.

[video=youtube;OFiukVfjmhM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFiukVfjmhM[/video]

Screenshot from 2017-04-20 19-17-34.png

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Do Vodacom no longer install the boosters or do you now also have the option to buy them?

So you can get one for a office or farm house.

Last edited:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Do Vodacom no longer install the boosters or do you now also have the option to buy them?

So you can get one for a office or farm house.
You can ask, but takes a long time.

Yes you can. As long as there is a spot somewhere in the house that gets decent signal.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
You can ask, but takes a long time.

Yes you can. As long as there is a spot somewhere in the house that gets decent signal.
I've been asking Vodacom for three years.

Took one week of emails back and forth between MTN and they came to install it two weeks later, so now we have one person on MTN with awesome signal and two people on Vodacom with horrible signal, talking Google takes 20 seconds to load horrible.

Luckily I have Wi-Fi calling on Vodacom but in a week I upgrade and then I lose Wi-Fi calling.

Sayf777

I've been asking Vodacom for three years.

Took one week of emails back and forth between MTN and they came to install it two weeks later, so now we have one person on MTN with awesome signal and two people on Vodacom with horrible signal, talking Google takes 20 seconds to load horrible.

Luckily I have Wi-Fi calling on Vodacom but in a week I upgrade and then I lose Wi-Fi calling.
Vodacom has wifi calling? On what phones? Can't see anything on their website.

Park@82

Honorary Master

My parents have been struggling with low signal since forever. They have one tiny spot in the house with very low signal. I tied to get some help for them from Vodacom on various occasions but they don't seem to care. My dad have been with vodacom for probably 15 years or more.

I've recently found another spot in their house with a bit of Mtn 3G coverage. They now use that for internet.

Last edited:
They say netgear msrb 2500 cel fi is only usable with Vodacom....Is it true or can it be unlocked for all cell companies?
W hats answer to0837780721 and or this thread Hans