Cele on guns: Amended Firearms Control Act cannot allow individuals to own more than one gun

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Try firing a "handgun" ( without an add on stock ) on -- full auto... you likely to shoot yourself !
Not sure anyone would ever want something like that ....
HOWEVER
IF you have a special collectors license then you may own / possess a -- Broomhandle Mauser
and
MANY other interesting things ....
I do not have a collectors license. Nor do I want one, nor do I want a broom handle Mauser.

I was just curious about owing a hand-gun with selectable fire modes, and no I do not want a Glock 18 either. They do not even advertise them on their website, so it is probably difficult to get.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
You perfectly highlight the problem. They are banned, yet AK47's, R4/R5s are commonly used in CIT etc.

The problem we are facing is that criminals couldn't care two hoots about laws and banning. Laws are for law abiding citizens, criminals ignore them. So we end up in a situation where innocent citizens are overpowered by criminals. It's supposed to be the cops that protect the citizens, but this also does not happen effectively, indeed them being the source of many of these weapons. On more than one occasions cops were the criminals.
Agreed. But is possession of such weapons penalised effectively? Like if you even see one you should want to run away fast, so as not to be associated with it in any way (I'm even talking about criminals here).

Sinbad

Honorary Master
You would think that a revolutionary party would have been open to it. After all, if they wanted to make sure the oppression of people never happened again, putting in a right to own a weapon is the surefire way of doing it.

Can you imagine the NP rocking up to try and do forced removals of people if most of those people have guns?
They're not against oppression at all, as long as it's the right people doing the oppressing.

lkswan747

It is fine for the politicians to come up with all this sh*t because they have armed protection while ordinary citizens have to protect themselves while the criminals run around with stolen R4/R5 and AK47 rifles! Rather formulate a plane to get the arms of war off the streets before trying to disarm the majority of competent firearm owners.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
Can we at least agree to ban certain "types" of guns, like AK47's, R4/R5, M16 etc. for private citizens and possession of such weapons result in 25 to life, even if you don't commit a crime with it.
I know of a case where someone got 3-5 years (can't remember the exact amount of years) just for having an AK47 in his possession without a licence. Not sure if it was capable of firing fully automatic as that might have increased the sentence; just a guess though. No crimes were committed with it.

25 years to life is way too steep.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
What do you mean by "selectable fire modes"?

As far as I know in SA you are only allowed to own semi-automatic firearms where one pull of the trigger only fires a single round.
OP is terribly confused
Safe / fire / three round burst / full auto
MOST normal handguns have -- SAFE / FIRE ( one shot at a time )

SoldierMan

Expert Member
OP is terribly confused
Wouldn't mind owning a fully operational AK47 though :D maybe one day when the Libertarian Party takes control.
Check out Youtube for Glocks that have modified into fully auto with a 33 round mag. Out of control man! :D

Hellhound105

Expert Member
What do you mean by "selectable fire modes"?

As far as I know in SA you are only allowed to own semi-automatic firearms where one pull of the trigger only fires a single round.
Correct. You are allowed to buy an AK47 as long as the firing mechanism can only do semi automatic.
Changing this is illegal.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Same with my Ruger. As long as the firing mechanism is not modified to go full automatic, I am allowed to have it

Sollie

Executive Member
Agreed. But is possession of such weapons penalised effectively? Like if you even see one you should want to run away fast, so as not to be associated with it in any way (I'm even talking about criminals here).
I would suspect not, based upon what we regularly see. Cop shop?

Sollie

Executive Member
It is fine for the politicians to come up with all this sh*t because they have armed protection while ordinary citizens have to protect themselves while the criminals run around with stolen R4/R5 and AK47 rifles! Rather formulate a plane to get the arms of war off the streets before trying to disarm the majority of competent firearm owners.
Trump style? Drones do make sense though ...

Extremely apt typo ;)

CT_Biker

Expert Member
OP is terribly confused
I believe a weapon safety is mandatory on a semi-automatic firearm ad if it isn't mandatory then consider it a defacto standard.

I was referring to the options which I have bolded as some weapons have variant which can fire 3 rounds at a time, and I wanted to know if I can legally own a multi-shot weapon without any legal hassle.

Sollie

Executive Member
Wouldn't mind owning a fully operational AK47 though :D maybe one day when the Libertarian Party takes control.
Check out Youtube for Glocks that have modified into fully auto with a 33 round mag. Out of control man! :D
Would love a personal R1. :)

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
A video clip of the incident has gone viral and in it, the four officers can be seen turning in different directions after the command is made during the proceedings at West Park Cemetery.
I haven't watched the video. Could someone please explain to what command they are referring to?