Celebrities dying from Covid-19

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
We have had threads for politicians and celebrities testing positive for Covid-19, but I have not seen one for deaths. Please correct me if there is one, or if there are prior examples not posted previously.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Deep breath.
WE! DON'T! CARE!

I know far too many people working in the hospitals and keeping basic services going. They matter now. A 'celebrity' is as relevant as my neighbour's hairdresser.
(Added to ignore list)

RedViking

Nord of the South
Does not justify a thread IMO. I don't want to place you on my ignore list (again), since some of your posts are worth reading.

@Gordon_R I find it interesting that you tell me to stop creating threads you feel does not interest you, yet you seem to do the same with more senseless threads. I mean, how many celebrities do you know that died of Covid compared to rest of the population? What is the point? Not that it bothers me. I just find it rich coming from you.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The article I linked was newsworthy and factual. I could have posted it in the Entertainment section. I chose to post it here, so that there could be a single thread, since there will undoubtedly be more.

Reactions: McT

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Deep breath.
WE! DON'T! CARE!

I know far too many people working in the hospitals and keeping basic services going. They matter now. A 'celebrity' is as relevant as my neighbour's hairdresser.
(Added to ignore list)
I think it is actually important, insofar that in our celebrity-obsessed cultures, these deaths will hit home more than random people they don't know, and people might take the situation more seriously, and behave correctly as a result.

RedViking

Nord of the South
We can all mutually ignore each other, but the remaining forum members can read the respective threads if they choose to. That is how the software settings should work. If a thread violates the rules, the moderators will delete it.
Just don't be a hypocrite or have double standards . You are one of the few I have a lot of respect for and consider informative as well as well experienced. This is not like you. I was considering to ask a mod to move the thread you said is a waste of space due to respect to my elders. But then you go do the same. With all the respect, At least set an example when you tell someone to do something.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
We have had threads for politicians and celebrities testing positive for Covid-19, but I have not seen one for deaths. Please correct me if there is one, or if there are prior examples not posted previously.
Since you can't die from Covid-19 without first getting Covid-19 I'm thinking that one is enough.

Where is it?