Cell-C 3GB 365-day data bundles still available?

diapason

Expert Member
How am I supposed to purchase the 200 GigaPackage?

I've visited two seperate CellC stores in my area this morning and they pretty much laughed in my face, even after I pointed them to the link above. According to them I might be able to buy it your Midrand branch if I'm lucky?
I bought mine about 3 weeks ago at the Cell C store in Kenilworth Centre,

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Apparently Cell-C have some bundles that are only available online and others that are only available in-store.
o_O

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

bar1

Expert Member
is it possible to extend the 50gb bundle i got on black friday?
i still have 30GB

kabusi

@bar1 it turns out you can extend the validity of your promotional Black Friday bundle 5 days before expiry. It's best to wait to the last minute as the price drops as you use data. I see this is possible even though I asked the CellC rep via private message and the rep said one cannot roll over this data as it is promotional data. Checking the price, it's not worth it to do so if you have alot of data to rollover like I do. The extension prices are R10 per GB for 1 and 7 days and R20 per GB for a 30 day extension. I only paid R500 for the entire 50GB bundle which had an expiry date 180 days later. I do not understand why when Vodacom wanted to charge for rollover there was a huge issue but nothing was said over Cell C's ridiculous rates. I am just going to let my data expire and move over to Telkom where the bundles rates and extension periods are far more generous especially on Mo Nice.

bar1

Expert Member
Thanks for the message @kabusi

I am still not sure what to do... I have about 25gb that will expire tomorrow, I have a Telkom sim I bought last week, but don't have any mo nice deals available (not sure if I have to do anything or they just appear, or if I need to buy airtime?).

There is also Telkom, May big deal, but I would rather not get a contract :-(

EDIT: if i dial 147# and try to do a data roll over i get a message : you do not have data roll over

kabusi

@bar1. Go to the rollover option and check but 25GB is going to be around R500 and will expire in 30 days or you could go with R250 for 1 or 7 days. Why Cell C would not just offer 7 days if they both cost the same, is beyond me? Rather switch to Smartbroadband Wireless on your Telkom sim as it's prepaid. You will get 10GB day and 10GB night (12 am - 7am) for R249 and the daytime data is valid for 60 days. If you need a bit more, the 20GB day and 20GB night is a bit more expensive but better overall value at R345 but you still get 2 months window on the daytime data. So average the cost and it is not bad expecially if you do not want to be tied into contracts.

kabusi

Not that I can see on the data rollover screen. It only lists costs and period of rollover. But I have not tried beyond that to see what options it gives as it requires you to have sufficient airtime to move forward. Choosing rollover data amount would have been ideal. Maybe someone who has used this feature can advise.

bar1

Expert Member
My data was supposed to expire tomorrow but looks like it expired today.
very disappointed with cell c :-(

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
My data was supposed to expire tomorrow but looks like it expired today.
very disappointed with cell c :-(
Hi bar1

Please PM us the number in question and we will check on our system.

^SM

kabusi

Which means I will have the same issue tonight as mine is meant to expire tomorrow. @Cell_C please explan why rolling over data that we already paid for is so expensive ie. R10 per GB for 1 or 7 days and R20 per GB for 30 days. Should it not be free or at least reasonable. We paid R10 per GB for 180 days. Now to rollover that same 50GB bundle for 1 or 7 days costs the same and 30 days is double the price