Cell C applies for urgent interdict against ICASA over new data rules

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Cell C applies for urgent interdict against ICASA over new data rules

Cell C said it has been forced to apply for an urgent interdict against ICASA, following the publication of its amended End-User and Subscriber Services Charter Regulations.

The recently-published amendments – which include forcing networks to let users roll over unused mobile data, transfer data to other subscribers, and not charge OOB rates by default – came with a one-month window in which they had to be implemented.

garyc

Expert Member
If the regulations instead allowed them to take more money from people would they still be having these technical difficulties?

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Six months:
Its six months to find replacement ways to shaft the customer
Its six months to still enjoy OOB shark and expiring data and fat profits from that

HashiraMadara

lmao :crylaugh: Vodacom already started with 2 and the rest will follow within this month

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
****ing ****s.

I had like 1GB spare from topping up too much last month that would expire 3/06/2018 so on the first when I usually just topup by default I thought nah I'll do it later.

Come yesterday my phone dies and I'm out of airtime. A whole 75mb odd off my R150 airtime I loaded on the first gone in two days.

Granted I did get an SMS but ****...who still even looks at those? And why should I need to compensate for this ***.

Now I've simply implemented an auto-topup on the 1st of every month to avoid this ***.

system32

Expert Member
No Extension!

I lost a whole lot of money to due inability to block OOB.

Stop this theft now.

Sl8er

Executive Member
“To fully implement the necessary changes across its entire product suite, intensive development and numerous system changes will need to be made followed by rigorous testing before Cell C can offer this to its customers,” said Cell C.

“As a result, Cell C and its vendors are technically not able to meet the deadline set by ICASA. Cell C’s billing and other technical platforms are highly complex and rely on one another to operate effectively, which means that a change in one system often results in changes being required in other systems.”
Tick-tock-tick-tock....

A little less:

OpenFearlessKingsnake-max-1mb.gif

A little more:

tenor.gif

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
“To fully implement the necessary changes across its entire product suite, intensive development and numerous system changes will need to be made followed by rigorous testing before Cell C can offer this to its customers,” said Cell C.

“As a result, Cell C and its vendors are technically not able to meet the deadline set by ICASA. Cell C’s billing and other technical platforms are highly complex and rely on one another to operate effectively, which means that a change in one system often results in changes being required in other systems.”
And everytime I state that these cartels bend the rules and find loopholes in the system to shaft the customer I am met with resistance and my words being removed. So I guess I am right on the money then.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
I was about to get a new phone on contract with CellC (for the missus).

Aw shame, they lost me as a customer.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator

Then why use a complex system? Simplify it!

Complex systems are the devil, and will give you hours of grief when something small borks.

airborne

Executive Member
The key it seems is to get a top-up type contract, not sure exactly how it works but on my Mtn contract the limit is R0 so you go oob and the Internet just stops working unless you load more airtime.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Then why use a complex system? Simplify it!

Complex systems are the devil, and will give you hours of grief when something small borks.
Done with intent, pretty much like the complex contract structure. Its all part of the scam to fleece the customer.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The key it seems is to get a top-up type contract, not sure exactly how it works but on my Mtn contract the limit is R0 so you go oob and the Internet just stops working unless you load more airtime.
Yeah but then all your airtime is still gone.

Sure you won't have any surprises beyond that but it's still ludicrous that as a customer you need to solve a problem they created by changing packages.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
An SMS shouldn't be the only way for you to know stuff has gone to ****.

Also the SMS only came through when I had R6 of the R150 left...hardly useful. There was no SMS to say your Data Bundle has expired or that you are now in Out-of-bundle territory.

Only warning to say my airtime is almost gone.

It's obviously engineered to work against you exactly like this.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
An SMS shouldn't be the only way for you to know stuff has gone to ****.

Also the SMS only came through when I had R6 of the R150 left...hardly useful. There was no SMS to say your Data Bundle has expired or that you are now in Out-of-bundle territory.

Only warning to say my airtime is almost gone.

It's obviously engineered to work against you exactly like this.
They should call you? Whatsapp you? Mail you? E-mail you?

Johand

Expert Member
Haha. So the 1 month was unreasonable but then again OOB was unreasonable :)

But as far as I understand only billing is really affected so a simple solution here is to give the operators an extension for billing and they can take as long as they'd like but until the have implemented it they are not allowed to bill or deduct airtime :)