• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

CELL C are robbing people

Donette

I have recently upgraded to a new IPhone and everytime I load data, it doesnt work. When phoning Cell C for the last three weeks, they say that they are having problems with data bundles and IPhones and are in communications with Apple but will not reimburse my money. How do I deal with this.

Neuk_

I have recently upgraded to a new IPhone and everytime I load data, it doesnt work. When phoning Cell C for the last three weeks, they say that they are having problems with data bundles and IPhones and are in communications with Apple but will not reimburse my money. How do I deal with this.
CPA?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Hi Donette

Where you struggling with all kinds of data bundles, or a specific kind of data bundle?

^MP

Donette

I have loaded 2 Whattsap data bundles in three weeks, accepts it have the proof on my phone that it is activated and it is not there.

R4ziel

"CELL C IS ROBBING PEOPLE" but really its just me having an issue with data bundles.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I have loaded 2 Whattsap data bundles in three weeks, accepts it have the proof on my phone that it is activated and it is not there.
Hi Donette

Please PM us the number in question so that we can check on your account, and a number that we can call you on to provide feedback.

^MP

R4ziel

Hi R4ziel

What issue are you experiencing regarding the data bundles?

^MP
Readng comprehension is pretty valuable these days, you should look into it.

I was referring to the thread title being "CELL C is robbing people" which made it sound like the OP found some proper incriminating evidence that everyone on a Cell C contract is being robbed but in fact it was just a problem with a data bundle.

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
I have the same issue. WhatsApp bundles only work when I have normal data available, even if only 1 MB. As soon as I deplete the normal data the WhatsApp bundle doesn't work.

iPhone 7 Plus user.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
[XC] Oj101;21805049 said:
I have the same issue. WhatsApp bundles only work when I have normal data available, even if only 1 MB. As soon as I deplete the normal data the WhatsApp bundle doesn't work.

iPhone 7 Plus user.
Hi [XC] Oj101

Please PM us the number in question, so that we can check on what transpired. Also, provide us with a number that we can reach you on.

^MP

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
[XC] Oj101;21805049 said:

iPhone 7 Plus user.
Same here. Iphone 6

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

The issue has been identified on iPhones. We kindly request that you ensure that your IOS software is 11,3 or 11,4 respectively. Additionally, kindly ensure that you have a positive balance on your account in order for the WhatsApp bundle to function.

^SM

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
Good day

The issue has been identified on iPhones. We kindly request that you ensure that your IOS software is 11,3 or 11,4 respectively. Additionally, kindly ensure that you have a positive balance on your account in order for the WhatsApp bundle to function.

^SM
Hmmm, I have a R 1 data limit on my phone which I will not be removing. Is there another way around this? I have an R 800 odd overall limit but will not increase my data limit as data gets out of hand too quickly.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi [XC] Oj101

Not at the moment however, our team is still actively working on the problem.

^NS

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
Hi [XC] Oj101

Not at the moment however, our team is still actively working on the problem.

^NS
My step-sons have just gotten iPhone SEs and are experiencing the same issue. They're on 11.4 and it's affecting them, with messages only going through with a normal data bundle active.

Suggestions?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
[XC] Oj101;21848871 said:
My step-sons have just gotten iPhone SEs and are experiencing the same issue. They're on 11.4 and it's affecting them, with messages only going through with a normal data bundle active.

Suggestions?
Hi

Does he have a positive airtime balance?

^NS