Cell C Black Friday deal - 50GB for R500

bar1

Expert Member
Seems like a good deal to me.
don't want to sign any 2 years contract.

and rain is R50 per GB?

unless i am missing something, not sure why everyone is negative about it.

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
R250 for Rain for offpeak and the R500 for CellC for peak usage...assuming CellC at peak is still a reasonable speed (>800Kb/s).

How to get it to work near seamlessly to switch between around 6PM and back around 11PM?

Jacobofski

50gb for R500, really? I buy 100gb +100gb for R755 per month! I use nearly 100gb per month!. This is a very expensive joke!

bar1

Expert Member
50gb for R500, really? I buy 100gb +100gb for R755 per month! I use nearly 100gb per month!. This is a very expensive joke!
even though its no an amazing black friday deal i still think its good.

50GB for 6 month is perfect for me.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Will this sim roam?
I would also like to know. Going East near Morgans Bay soon and this could work for me.
Cell C has confirmed via Twitter that "there are no restrictions on the data". Going to buy 2. One for xmas at the beach house and another for my wife's dual sim.

Has Cell C started MTN roaming yet or are they still on Vodacom?

Swa

Honorary Master
That's per month. This is valid for 6 months. Personally not of much use to me as it's simply the 200GB divided by 4 but I can see how it would appeal to lower data use giving an extended validity period.

Mrlepen

R250 for Rain for offpeak and the R500 for CellC for peak usage...assuming CellC at peak is still a reasonable speed (>800Kb/s).

How to get it to work near seamlessly to switch between around 6PM and back around 11PM?
Cell c will throttle you same 200giga their speeds are pathetic.

bar1

Expert Member
so, so far this is the best deal for me.

what do i need to do to get it?
can i get a cell c sim today, Rica , and top it up tomorrow?
does anyone know if its data only sim?

alphabyte

AFAIK the data is pre-loaded on the sim; so, no, you cannot get it today and top up tomorrow.
Once you have it you could presumably load airtime as well - but I'm not sure about this. I have one of their Giga data sims and it does allow me to load data, airtime, SMS and various other bundles.

Swa

Honorary Master
So nothing for us bigger data users then I guess. Also kinda disappointed by the fact it's only in store otherwise I would have loaded one or two.

bar1

Expert Member
I went and got the SIM, according to the person at cell c I can not port my Vodacom number to the SIM.... But couldn't give me a property reason why. Does anyone know of its possible? I don't see why it won't be possible

Swa

Honorary Master
I went and got the SIM, according to the person at cell c I can not port my Vodacom number to the SIM.... But couldn't give me a property reason why. Does anyone know of its possible? I don't see why it won't be possible
Because they activate it. You can't port to an activated sim with a number.

GlibReaper

OK, already one store insists it was only for the day and not until Sunday as the article states. Trying another...

GlibReaper

@Cell_C : You need to do some training. Went to Soneike Cell C and the lady insisted that the special was only for yesterday. So I went to Cape Gate and walk out 4 minutes later with my SIM card.