Cell C customers can now pay to roll over their data

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Cell C customers can now pay to roll over their data

Cell C announced it has enhanced its data bundle roll-over and transfer features to be fully compliant with ICASA's End-User and Subscriber Service Charter regulations.

The End-User and Subscriber Service Charter Regulations require South African mobile networks to implement rules which allow for extended data roll-over, data transfer, improved data depletion notifications, and out-of-bundle usage control.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venomous

Honorary Master
LOLZ

So now people must pay for roll over of 501+Mb data.
ICASA did not stipulate it to be free of charge, but they also did not say SP are allowed to charge for data rollover....

Sl8er

Executive Member
Been with them since they started, but now cell c can fck right off.
Time to give telkom a go -and will only be recommending them (TM) from now on.

Well done, cell c...well done....

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Telkom FTW.
Transferred 5gb of the data my wife gets with her (already cheap) contract and it only expires in March.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
“We are proud to be able to have done it all well before the deadline,” he said.

It must have taken a considerable number of work-hours to identify and implement a means to screw your customers. Kudos.

Ebo

You know whatever CellC does, Vodacom is going to do twice over.... Vodacom are king of ripping off their customers and there is no way they going to let CellC take the crown.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Fsck, Jose has so totally screwed that company up..

Do wonder what the hell the Levy brothers were thinking when they let him stay on as CEO after they pretty much bought Cell C...

R13...

Honorary Master
Pay? Bastards... I didn't see that coming... Wonder if vodascum and emptyN have thought of the same sneaky scheme
They will now. The networks are obviously a lot smarter than ICASA - MTN and Vodacom spent years running rings around them to avoid complying with their half cocked regulations.

DXL

Expert Member
Telkom-Mobile trumps all these clowns.

Good time to invest in Telkom.

Telkom offers are consumer friendly.

Just wish their customer service and billing cancellations were up to date.

DXL

Expert Member
They will now. The networks are obviously a lot smarter than ICASA - MTN and Vodacom spent years running rings around them to avoid complying with their half cocked regulations.
That is so so true.

I always asked ICASA to be specific in their regulations. I am not sure where they get their legal people from.