Cell C downtime across South Africa

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Cell C down

Subscribers all over South Africa are reporting that they can’t make or receive calls on Cell C.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Data remains available in theory ja. Tried to update a guy that works with us WhatsApp. Waited 5 minutes and the download still did not start in play store. Just has that little progress bar thingy with the thing going round and round and round. Asked him what network he is on.....SURPRISE.....Cell C.

Told him it is taking too long. I have work to do. :p

rorz0r

Executive Member
I'm just surprised anyone could actually tell the difference between how it normally is...

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
I've been test dialling to one of my Cell C sims and it just started working about 3 minutes ago

Chingha

Expert Member
This makes me wonder about me getting knocked off the network yesterday afternoon. Can't be a co-incidence

falcon786

Honorary Master
Cell C must favour me or something because my phone was working properly 24/7,how is that even possible if it was a major network cable fault.:confused:

FNfal

Executive Member
""At 12pm today full service was restored to our network – the problem was caused by a major fibre break that affected our services. Considering the magnitude of the problem, the team resolved it quickly. Thank you to our customers for their patience and we apologise again for the inconvenience," said Cell C."

Sounds like BS .
fibre always has protection and alternate routs .

ponder

Honorary Master
We could not use the cell network of any provider yesterday, could not make or receive calls to and from other cell users. Dialing a cell number from a telkom line though did work.

falcon786

Honorary Master
""At 12pm today full service was restored to our network – the problem was caused by a major fibre break that affected our services. Considering the magnitude of the problem, the team resolved it quickly. Thank you to our customers for their patience and we apologise again for the inconvenience," said Cell C."

Sounds like BS .
fibre always has protection and alternate routs .

No it doesn't

Well it sounds like both,in this case it seems it was a major break but due to the fact that I had connectivity it means I was probably being routed through backup or alternate routes which could not handle all the subscriber volumes so many people would still be cut off.