Cell C for sale: Chairman

Randux

Expert Member
A chance for Orange to get into the market but I want Telkom to buy Cell C.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Any reason why Telkom+CellC is not the solution? Government shareholding in Telkom, maybe?

Johand

Expert Member
Please sell it to Telkom
No.

What the business requires is capital. What consumers require is competition. You need some organization with deep pockets to buy it. Telkom doesn't have deep pockets - they can barely fund their own VDSL roll-out - and their business have been slowly imploding over years.

Marcan

I believe Orange would be the best company to take over.
Telkom is still too deeply embedded with government.

ttygt

Naspers should rummage through their couch and use all their spare coins to pick up Cell C.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
I believe Orange would be the best company to take over.
Telkom is still too deeply embedded with government.
Yes, but they need the Telkom infrastructure and spectrum, no? Orange's deep pockets cannot buy spectrum.

ttygt

Heck, Mr. Vosloo could probably do it in his private capacity, as a retirement hobby.
Run Cell C, that is.

Executive Member
CellC seems to be a disaster of an investment, why would anyone buy them?

Johnfpro

Only the big players would be able to make anything out it; it's just too capital intensive for anybody else.

jikajoe1

No.

What the business requires is capital. What consumers require is competition. You need some organization with deep pockets to buy it. Telkom doesn't have deep pockets - they can barely fund their own VDSL roll-out - and their business have been slowly imploding over years.
exactly, that's what I have always said.

DeathStrike

Expert Member
if they don't get a buyer then it could be bye bye cell c. big corporates often try to sell a failing company prior to shutting it down. Happened to me at my previous job.