Cell C head office shut down due to striking workers

VampericKnight

What is not being said is that this restriction also includes staff that was suspended while not having anything to do with the supposed strike, that have been waiting since early this morning outside the premises to enter and work.

VampericKnight

Quite correct. There are those whom want to work. However it feels like only the partial story is being told. Let us hope that it can be resolved quickly.

Oritoni

Cell C head office shut down due to striking workers
It is very incorrect to say there was a strike at Cell C, there was never a strike, workers delivered a memorandum, one of the demands was that the Chief Of HR, Juliet Mhango must come down and sign the Collective Agreement which they have been stalling on since September 2018. ICTU as a union has been granted Full Organizational Rights, the unfortunate part is that Cell C are mislead to believe that Rights only gets to be exercised once a Collective Agreement is signed, this is an advice from their clueless Chief Legal Officer: Graham Mackinnon. Just to reiterate, there was never a strike, employees were waiting for Cell C Management to come and answer to demands since they failed to answer the first Memorandum which the due date was 5th April 2019. Cell C is failing its employees, they are abusing them, have total disregard of the laws of this country. They have been chopping and changing their suspension letters, white people who were there in the Reception area, are not suspended. Cell C lawyers even lied to the secretary of the court that the order was with costs, which was never agreed like that. One can wonder why the reporter did not bother to contact the union. GRAHAM-CHIEF Legal Officer, Douglas-the acting CEO, Juliet Mhango, Chief Of HR, Emmin Bussack, Nerika, a close friend to the acting CEO's wife(wife resigned after Douglas got to act as CEO), Junaid and all the chiefs in Cell C, they are toxic for Cell C, they are not attempting to have Cell C shine, the share holders must just get rid of them, including a certain Colin Khibeka.

Multiple reports on social media state that Cell C's head office has been on lockdown since Wednesday, when staff were reportedly striking at the premises.UOTE]

Oritoni

Just to add, since the company does not want to tell the truth, when the strike was suspended, Cell C committed to having the issue of Collective Agreement signed, since they have been having the document for more than 6 months, and the document is also at the CCMA, their excuse is that, they want to draft something, they have been doing so for more than 3 months. They suspend shopstewards without consultation, Schedule 8 of the LRA outlines the process, but Graham, the Cell C legal guru, says such does not apply, very shocking for a man entrusted with such a position in Cell C.

VampericKnight

Oritoni, I hate to single this out as it is not a racial thing. I am white. I am suspended. I am a member of ICTU. I was on leave Tuesday and Wednesday. I was at work yesterday and today and was denied access to the premises.

While I do not have all the information or the authority to speak about the matters at hand, I am very very sad that the efforts of the staff collective are being dumped down the drain for whatever reasons. Fighting for our rights as a workforce should not be dealt with in such a manner as it is being handled.

When I got to work on Thursday morning I found my entire team outside. We were there from 8 to 5, as to what our shift demands of us. There was such heavy security and police presence that a person could have sworn a bunch of hooligans was burning tires and being violent, which was not the case.

Again, I do not have all the details. But I have never been so ashamed of wearing a uniform in my life. It is a terrible situation, with emotions running very high for very valid reasons. I can only hope and pray that this situation will be resolved quickly, amicably and that we all can get back to our normal daily lives soon.

Oritoni

This Chiefs of Cell C are really not interested in growing Cell C, I am informed that to date, they are yet to give the union the full staff compliment of Cell C, they claim its 2600, the former executive of Remuneration said its +/-1700, what happened, they suspended him. Let's not forget these Chiefs were there when over 200 million was chowed, what else could they be scared of? Logic will tell you there is a whole lot they don't want to expose. I am told the other thing is that they promised the union a list of employees they paid bonuses to, since the 25th March, that list is yet to be given to the union. Are there +/-2700 employees in Cell C? In 2017/18 there were +/-1600 employees in Cell C, have they employed 1000 employees? There is really something that's warrands a serious enquiry in Cell C, I hope the Shareholders can act.