Cell C is killing franchisees – Former owner

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
Cell C is killing franchisees – Former owner

Cell C is currently on a drive to improve customer experience across all service points, but certain franchisees feel this is corporate speak for “taking their customer base without compensation”.

MyBroadband has received information that Cell C is informing select franchisees that the company will take over their stores.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Cell C is doing what it needs to survive

This franchisee is not even in the business anymore so why is he now being a cry baby?

I'm a Cell C customer and receiving good service despite all of this so the customer should be the focus here. This special "snowflake" should stop being a cry baby and rather look into the future because what is done is done within Cell C and it's customers' best interest.

Thor

Honorary Master
This franchisee is not even in the business anymore so why is he now being a cry baby?

I'm a Cell C customer and receiving good service despite all of this so the customer should be the focus here. This special "snowflake" should stop being a cry baby and rather look into the future because what is done is done within Cell C and it's customers' best interest.
You should look at another provider causes cell C won't exist anymore in the future.

sajunky

Honorary Master
It is good for the consumer if they review and terminate underperforming franchise business. It should be always done.

zizo911

Executive Member
I was at a cell c franchise yesterday. It was literally the worst service I have ever received.

Charlie Page

I was a franchisee of Cell C when they started and within 2 years lost more than R200K. Seems nothing has changed since then? Lack of support and service from Cell C corporate led to our downfall. Was supposed to be an SMME initiative from Cell C that turned out to be a plan to get cash injection from the poor. My understanding is that literally 80% of the franchise stores nationally were then taken back by Cell C.

Ryansr

Expert Member
You should look at another provider causes cell C won't exist anymore in the future.
Yeah, I will jump ship once the boat is sinking. Luckily not having any contracts with Cell C but only pre-paid. Also, I doubt that Cell C will just stop existing in the future. We all better hope that they can turn a profit because without much competition in the mobile industry, the likes of Vodacom and MTN will just grow more arrogant in their greed.

Thor

Honorary Master
Yeah, I will jump ship once the boat is sinking. Luckily not having any contracts with Cell C but only pre-paid. Also, I doubt that Cell C will just stop existing in the future. We all better hope that they can turn a profit because without much competition in the mobile industry, the likes of Vodacom and MTN will just grow more arrogant in their greed.
Ahhhh okey yea prepaid is a different story. That's a smart move!!

crackersa

Honorary Master
I was a franchisee of Cell C when they started and within 2 years lost more than R200K. Seems nothing has changed since then? Lack of support and service from Cell C corporate led to our downfall. Was supposed to be an SMME initiative from Cell C that turned out to be a plan to get cash injection from the poor. My understanding is that literally 80% of the franchise stores nationally were then taken back by Cell C.
Careful....you will be labelled a special snowflake.

Question though- store property yours or did you rent from cell c?

Swa

Honorary Master

My thoughts exactly. I'm tired of middlemen that don't do anything except inflate prices.

bashen

I am a CellC Franchisee and I do agree that there has been lots of pressure that has been placed on the Franchisees. This pressure is only to enhance the customer experience in the stores. I don't feel that the demands are unrealistic and will help as a company to improve the customer experience. If any Franchisee is not willing to work towards the ethos of the company, then like in any business environment the corrective action needs to take place.

ngwenyas

I am a CellC Franchisee and I do agree that there has been lots of pressure that has been placed on the Franchisees. This pressure is only to enhance the customer experience in the stores. I don't feel that the demands are unrealistic and will help as a company to improve the customer experience. If any Franchisee is not willing to work towards the ethos of the company, then like in any business environment the corrective action needs to take place.
I love this comment!