Cell C LTE is pathetic

ptlpip

This is the speed we get in St Francis on Home Connecta.

Absolutely pathetic. My Telkom connection gives 11Mbps minimum.

My neighbor is on MTN and gets 14Mbps.

Please avoid being scammed by Cell C.
IMG_6902.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6902.PNG
    IMG_6902.PNG
    129.5 KB · Views: 8

ptlpip

Cell C was running at 10/11 Mbps in April and May and up to the 20th of June, then it slowly just deteriorated to runing at 4 Mbps. LTE is sipposed to be 10Mbps plus. There is obviously a problem that needs to be addressed.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Speed test now.

Regular download speed is between high 30's to touching 50. Upload stays at about 22.

Edit: Using a Huawei B315 router without carrier aggregation ability.

Screenshot_2021-07-08-19-06-39-339_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

BCR

Expert Member

Cell C LTE is pathetic

It's been getting better for me, lately.
When I first started testing it about 2 months ago, the most I got was 18Mbps down.
That decreased last month to around 8.

It's been feeling quite snappy recently so did a speedtest during the night, while doing some tech downloads :

Ping 46ms
Download 29.26Mbps
Upload 9.15Mbps

Cell C – 2021-07-09
01:45:43
Server: ZA - Johannesburg

I know it's not blistering fast, but for the price & data you get, I certainly won't complain about it. The only area I'd prefer it to be better, is with pings, but that's what you get for not being in JHB or CPT - wait slightly longer for pages to load, so not serious for me.

It's also been a very steady connection, since I made Cell C my primary provider from the 1st July.

I just hope they continue with the pricing / data currently sold, after September, which is when the Home Connecta Flexi has listed pricing up to (from what I read, previously).