Cell C MyAccount still down

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Cell C is not alone,

Vodamail has also not worked for weeks, you log in and are greeted with a white screen.....

Obronie

I like follow up - helps to keep companies accountable if they do not do anything.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I love the way Cell C only bothers coming out with a statement 6 weeks later after being asked by MyBroadband, as if they were hoping that subscribers weren't going to notice that a major part of their website was down for 6 weeks and counting.

The arrogance is astounding. This issue has surely lost them customers in the past 6 weeks and yet they really seem unconcerned. No sense of urgency, no communication. It's really strange.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I didn't even know I had a MyAccount. My mobile experience has been so enjoyable since switching to Cell C from MTN that I don't mind a bit of downtime for a website I don't need.

terencevs

Funny, now it is working. Its like we had to ask for it to be back online....

Allin

Expert Member
I didn't even know I had a MyAccount. My mobile experience has been so enjoyable since switching to Cell C from MTN that I don't mind a bit of downtime for a website I don't need.
I know about it, just never needed it!

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Guys, the problem is that a lot of people like myself use Cell C prepaid sim cards in routers, alarm systems, tablets without USSD, etc where the only way to check our balances is through using the MyAccount web portal. A lot of people were seriously put out by this downtime, and I'm sure a lot of extra expense was incurred. If you can't check the balances on your sim cards remotely then that is a big big issue.

lotus123

"Executive head of communications, Karin Fourie, explained that Cell C has been performing maintenance on the site, which included technical improvements on the back-end." If this is true (which I doubt, based on sliding commitments about the dates) then the IT department should have been bulleted - you never do maintenance and upgrades that take weeks while impacting customer-facing systems. Ever.

CellC should realise that it takes an accumulation of little untruths to erode customer confidence. And when it all adds up too much they will see customer displeasure turn into contempt and dislike, and customers who were once brand evangelists will become brand assassins.

I really miss the CellC in the era of Lars and Ron and the people who would move mountains to make sure your system was running really well, and not just getting by. Maybe they weren't pleasing the shareholders in the way that AKC seems to be doing, but the folks on this forum seemed to enjoy it.

unrealchris

The 4 months I was with Cell C was the worst I've experienced ever. I could log on to their site but forgot the password. Then I tried to reset the password which NEVER WORKED. I had to phone the call center to do it for me. unlucky for me, a month down the line the same thing happend, i tried to log in and could not get into my account even with the correct password. again, tried resetting it, but it never worked! Their website is really really poor and their signal is by far the worse in the country. I had an emergency and while driving in Little Falls I had my call dropped 3 times! All this while trying to figure out what is happening at home.... They caught me by the 99 censt but hell let me tell you, I'll rather pay more for something that works!

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
i cant log in, not accepting my password, so i requested a password, they send me the "temp pin", you enter it then it askes you to change you password, here you can enter anything your heart desires, it does not accept it.