Cell C - Phone showing I'm roaming?!

deliengs

Hi Guys

Has anyone else seen their android phone show that their ROAMING:confused: in some areas?

I live in the Centurion area, which I would presume has good signal as its quiet a large area, but everyday I get miscall messages, people saying my phone is off or i get cut off midway, or dont even get through to a number im dialling?

image.jpg

This becomes a huge problem when the wifi is out at home and I need to use Cell C data but i'm in Roaming?!:confused:

Maybe the suburb of centurion I'm in is part of the 3% that Cell C doesnt cover yet fully :D??:rolleyes:

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Semi transparent status bar indicates that this is an S4.

Go to Settings - More settings - Mobile networks - Network operators. Perform a search for the networks, and you should be able to select Cell C and the roaming icon should disappear.

deliengs

Semi transparent status bar indicates that this is an S4.

Go to Settings - More settings - Mobile networks - Network operators. Perform a search for the networks, and you should be able to select Cell C and the roaming icon should disappear.

Thank You!! I was going to switch data roaming on but i was thinking that will eat my data up like nothing

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Cell C roams with vodacom but it doesn't affect your data usage. IE - if you use 1meg, it's 1 meg out of your cell C bundle. Not stupid roaming data rates.

deliengs

Oh thats good then, but either way honestly, their cell c's signal quality is quite bad!!
Actually then if im roaming on vodacom would my data speeds be quicker??

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Oh thats good then, but either way honestly, their cell c's signal quality is quite bad!!
Actually then if im roaming on vodacom would my data speeds be quicker??

Nope, cos it roams on Edge.
That being said, vodacom edge is faster than cell C HSPA+

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Not a "good one" nor faster

Considering I get zero throughout on hspa+ and the cell c customer service people advised me to force the phone onto Vodacom,I will stand by my assertion.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Considering I get zero throughout on hspa+ and the cell c customer service people advised me to force the phone onto Vodacom,I will stand by my assertion.
I saw your posts in many threads, advertising the same and the same. What is your mission?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I saw your posts in many threads, advertising the same and the same. What is your mission?

Spread awareness of the issues with cell c until they finally fix it? Problem? What's your mission?

sajunky

Honorary Master
Sharing. But if you repeat the same story over and over again, it is not Sharing. It is spamming.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Sharing. But if you repeat the same story over and over again, it is not Sharing. It is spamming.

Spreading not sharing. Anyway if you don't like what I post there's an ignore button. Use it.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Everydody knows already you have a problem. You can't make it any better.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Everydody knows already you have a problem. You can't make it any better.

If I could make it better I would. The only people who can are cell c. Ever heard of consumer activism?
And if I'm posting in hundreds of threads that means there are hundreds of complaint threads. I think I only started one of them...?