Cell C pulls plug on fixed LTE, leaving ISPs, consumers in the lurch

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Slide into our DMs and drop us your contact number and ID number.

^MM

SpliceGold

Slide into our DMs and drop us your contact number and ID number.

^MM
No offence Cell C but since the announcement of doing away with your fixed LTE I have noticed a decline in the stability of my LTE. In the beginning it was fantastic! Now I cant even watch Youtube with out it buffering and download speeds are reduced. Speed tests show up with good results but when you streaming or browsing you realise that these are not true speeds that we getting. I will be moving to Vodacom which is offering much cheaper LTE alternatives than Cell C. Who the hell on earth is going to pay over R1k for 100gb data. Not only that 50GB anytime and 50gb night is a whopping R959. Prices are phenomenally high for a lower end service. Once my contract runs to an end I will not renew.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
No offence Cell C but since the announcement of doing away with your fixed LTE I have noticed a decline in the stability of my LTE. In the beginning it was fantastic! Now I cant even watch Youtube with out it buffering and download speeds are reduced. Speed tests show up with good results but when you streaming or browsing you realise that these are not true speeds that we getting. I will be moving to Vodacom which is offering much cheaper LTE alternatives than Cell C. Who the hell on earth is going to pay over R1k for 100gb data. Not only that 50GB anytime and 50gb night is a whopping R959. Prices are phenomenally high for a lower end service. Once my contract runs to an end I will not renew.
This. I already canceled.

A few months ago I actually noticed my monthly fee increased. Checked it out and they said "due to costs" and whatnot the "fees have increased". R70 a month more out of pocket. Not a lot, but still. So when the time came when my contract was eligible for upgrade, I get a call from Cell C. "Want to upgrade?" the guy asks. I say no thanks, want to cancel when the time comes. He goes "but we can save you some money and knock R70 off that price you're paying" and I was just like -.-

So yeah, my contract is set to cancel and the number recycled into the abyss come end October. I'm not continuing paying for LTE that gives me sub-par speeds, is constantly dipping and I'm paying R1,060 now for 100GB day + 100GB night (promo data) when fiber gives me more for R399pm.