Cell C Red Bull Mobile special measured against competitors

Sodan

Expert Member
Impressive.

If only I could actually use the data. I think I'm suffering from the CellC-VC handover issue. If I manually roam on to VC, I get virtually no throughput.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
So many people complaining about just 200mb per month but it only costs R8.50 per month. If you need more, buy more.

K3NS31

Expert Member
Incorrect. OOB is 99c/mb. Only IB rates are 15c/mb

If you buy the monthly R50 MB bundle at R7.50, the OOB above that is 15c.

What Skerminkel said, except - if you are on prepaid, then any airtime purchase also automatically adds data (can't remember what that special's called, but its still running). So you pretty much never have to add data. So always 0.15/meg.
AND, if you're on contract, you simply add R7.50/month to whatever contract you have, and your OUT OF BUNDLE data will always be at 0.15 (in addition to the extra 50megs you're getting for that R7.50, of course)

And that's why nobody on Cell C pays more than 15c / meg for data. Ever.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I'm still pretty happy with my 10GB pm for R199 from 8ta, or Telkom Mobile or whatever it's called now.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
And that's why nobody on Cell C pays more than 15c / meg for data. Ever.

You underestimate the sheeple! I suspect a significant % of users just pay up without trying to figure out a better deal. Although, to CellC's credit, the assistants in our local shop told me that they must advise customers to add the 50MB bundle to get to the good OOB.