Cell C reveals its biggest competitor – and it’s not who you think

SAsoccerfan

why not bribe their way into getting what they want. In SA, corruption and bribery is the order of the day. Legitimacy in this country is like shooting yourself in the foot. This is a government department and like any other, a kfc meal is all it takes. I do not however support corruption in any way or form.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
He said a big challenge for Cell C was getting the regulator – ICASA – to set a level playing field.

“The regulatory environment is my competitor here. We have to create policy makers to create framework so that people can compete freely,” he said.

Dos Santos referenced mobile call termination rates and the impact they have on Cell C’s Wi-Fi calling price, and how the regulator has been a hindrance to their mission of reducing call prices.
Also BEE, etc.

Swa

Honorary Master
No surprise. Rather strange terminology though. Would rather call them their nemesis.

Thor

Honorary Master
Also BEE, etc.
Just in case your message wasn't clear enough:

[QUOTE ]
Cell C CEO Jose Dos Santos has said that the company’s biggest competitor is not Vodacom or MTN, but rather South Africa’s*government and regulatory bodies.

[/QUOTE ]

lotus123

I think the mobile companies own (and biggest) enemies are themselves. Treat their customers like dirt, and then cry foul about competitors eroding their business.

But those chickens are slowly coming home to roost, with Wi-Fi calling and IM.

R13...

Honorary Master
Why does Kevin write his headlines like those Facebook clickbaiting things?

Pox

Expert Member
Because they are literally click-bait.
They want you to click on the link so they can show the sponsors how much traffic they get. Which is understandable.
BusinessTech takes it to a new level tho....

Arzy

Honorary Master
Because they are literally click-bait.
They want you to click on the link so they can show the sponsors how much traffic they get. Which is understandable.
BusinessTech takes it to a new level tho....
Must say that I personally dislike these titles as well. I purposely don't go and read the articles because of them. Rather just say: CellC claims regulator is its biggest competitor. I may actually read it then and it's more worthy of a business site.

As it stands now I expect to find the title at the bottom of some obscure page with a picture of some half naked girl to draw attention.

Swa

Honorary Master
I think the mobile companies own (and biggest) enemies are themselves. Treat their customers like dirt, and then cry foul about competitors eroding their business.

But those chickens are slowly coming home to roost, with Wi-Fi calling and IM.
Wi-Fi calling is still run by the mobile networks :p , unless you're talking about VoIP.