Cell C Speed Test Results

rapidblue

Expert Member
Just downloaded the new firmware for my iPhone and iPad (just over a gig) in like 20 mins :D

dnavid

I remember someone asking about sunninghill:

Results vary by time of day and temperature.... Signal is bad in Sunninghill so I spent about 4 hours moving my router around to max signal strength. Worst results I got = 800kBs (DL) and that is about a 1.5 feet from where the router is now. But overall I'm very happy :)

pulling wire

Hi guy3g
I am rather clueless however I am using the mdma dash and am getting a RSSI reading of -67dBm. it seems that the best I can get is edge tonight, last night I managed somehow to get hsdpa speeds.

gifs

Expert Member
I downloaded a 1.8GB torrent last night in about 90minutes = 333KB/s (2.67mbps)

fernandopires

the pings are great compared to vodacom3g, i was once connecting to a server that was very close to me about 3km in a straight line, i dont know how vodacom routes there traffic but i would get no less than 170 ms to that server and i had full signal at aprox 1 km from the vodacom tower. go Cell C !

guy3g

Hi guy3g
I am rather clueless however I am using the mdma dash and am getting a RSSI reading of -67dBm. it seems that the best I can get is edge tonight, last night I managed somehow to get hsdpa speeds.

If those are your levels then the site serving you doesn't have 3G yet. if you only getting 3G sometime, then you getting signal from another site. Normaly on the outer edge of the cell you can still get about 1Mbs with the levels being around 89-95dBm.

pulling wire

If those are your levels then the site serving you doesn't have 3G yet. if you only getting 3G sometime, then you getting signal from another site. Normaly on the outer edge of the cell you can still get about 1Mbs with the levels being around 89-95dBm.

Ja I guess that might have been the case on Sunday Night. I would have it a guess I am about 4km from the nearest 3G tower. However the reading I got on Sunday night said I was connected to the Florida Hills tower, which tells me a different story, however I have not been able to confirm the 3G connection since, although the same tower is displayed on the mdma. It will take a month or 3 and then I should be smiling, lets see what happens. Perhaps I should drive around and see how close the 3G signal is as it surrounds me on 3 sides at about 4km off.

mazelove

my speed test in Port Elizabeth Central, i have the white dongle

Last edited:

boerseun76

cell c not yet

all just testing jhb no wonder it looks great try london server any time of day we need international speeds not africa speeds we buy internet to use it not to only read mails and its fast. need fast international. cell c pricing looks good yes but how many ppl is on the network?

im getting between 3.6mb to 4.7mb on my vodacom to london server any time of day

rapidblue

Expert Member
all just testing jhb no wonder it looks great try london server any time of day we need international speeds not africa speeds we buy internet to use it not to only read mails and its fast. need fast international. cell c pricing looks good yes but how many ppl is on the network?

im getting between 3.6mb to 4.7mb on my vodacom to london server any time of day

Well, I downloaded 2 sets of firmware from the US running between 7mb and 8mb - so not bad for international :)

boerseun76

ill wait till its fully out in jhb im just out side cell c network 1km. im looking for a faster and beter speeds for my online games adsl not working where im live. must say vodacom is best so far mtn is like dail up network would love to test cell c on my games " gw/cod"

MrNeedforSpeed

ill wait till its fully out in jhb im just out side cell c network 1km. im looking for a faster and beter speeds for my online games adsl not working where im live. must say vodacom is best so far mtn is like dail up network would love to test cell c on my games " gw/cod"

I've been playing on xbox live with the black dongle. It's very stable, almost no lag what so ever, feels like you are playing with your mate on multi player in a local LAN session or something ;-)

boerseun76

I've been playing on xbox live with the black dongle. It's very stable, almost no lag what so ever, feels like you are playing with your mate on multi player in a local LAN session or something ;-)

thats good to here on vodacom i get very little lagg to gw maybe one or to spikes a night. looks like cell c is getting there took them a few years to get in the game.just hope they dont bomb out if they get to 30k ppl on the network

waiting for someone who plays gw to tell me how the pings are