Cell C unveils new MediaPlay pricing

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Cell C unveils new MediaPlay pricing

Cell C has launched its overhauled MediaPlay subscription packages, offering customers data packages with bundled minutes, SMSs, and access to the mobile operator's Black streaming service.

Each new MediaPlay package includes promotional data for exclusive use on the Black platform as well as access to a number of Black channels.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Off the top of my head I think the Telkom FreeMe packages are better in general.... and still cheaper.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Off the top of my head I think the Telkom FreeMe packages are better in general.... and still cheaper.
FreeMe is hands down the best deal in South Africa with Vodacom roaming. The 2GB package is the sweet spot for me, free music streaming, unlimited Telkom to Telkom calls and 79c per min for everything else. As scary as not having min sounds I've never once come close to what I was paying Vodacom for 300min

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
FreeMe is hands down the best deal in South Africa with Vodacom roaming. The 2GB package is the sweet spot for me, free music streaming, unlimited Telkom to Telkom calls and 79c per min for everything else. As scary as not having min sounds I've never once come close to what I was paying Vodacom for 300min
Precisely this..

For the first few months I was apprehensive about the lack of minutes, but I saw that my bill never got anywhere near what I was paying VC for minutes with considerably less data. Then they added the LIT stuff, and well my data just goes further and my bill has come down even further.