Cell C - Wait 6 months for iphone 11 or never get it at all.

JPSteyn

So my contract is due for an upgrade this month Feb 2020. I asked for the iphone 11 2gb R780 p.m , but the lady told me it can take up to 6 months for the phone to arrive and they will have to put me on a waiting list. Another store told me its impossible to get it, and finally the third store I went too said maybe 1 month.
I just want to know if you guys have had the same issue with MTN or Vodacom, maybe I'll switch if it is needed.

I honestly don't understand what the big fuss is, I can buy one cash and get it within 3 days, so why does every cellc employee look like they saw a ghost when i ask for the iPhone 11, I want a cellphone not a kidney transplant?

Just need to know if its maybe time to try a different provider.
Thanks.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
You can also try your luck with Telkom, think it's R800pm for iPhone 11 with a 2GB FreeMe contract.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Wtf.

There is stock in abundance everywhere why would Cell C have to wait 6 months?

I think you spoke to a moron, maybe try again and hope to get someone better.

JPSteyn

Wtf.

There is stock in abundance everywhere why would Cell C have to wait 6 months?

I think you spoke to a moron, maybe try again and hope to get someone better.
Exactly! Maybe its that billion something that they have in debt idk , the last store I went to said they'll contact me during the week. First time I have to wait half a year for a phone thats been out for how long. Also if you have stock issues maybe say so on your website smh

epah

Expert Member
I got an iPhone 11 256GB from cell c three weeks ago. It was an insurance payout but they told me they had to outsource it as they didn’t have any in stock

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Exactly! Maybe its that billion something that they have in debt idk , the last store I went to said they'll contact me during the week. First time I have to wait half a year for a phone thats been out for how long. Also if you have stock issues maybe say so on your website smh
I'm wondering if Core cut Cell C off from getting new i Phones, fearing that they won't be paid for.