Cell C - What are you going to do for me?

Jeffrsnapln

See history of the problem here

Cell C

I got an iPhone 5 from your Store in Uitenhage on a Straight up 200 contract on 5 February 2013.
Tax Invoice No: NL.01IN0352213
IMEI No: 013551001524054

I experienced very bad signal and almost non existent Data from the start, and found that voice calls were almost impossible (Callers complain of audio constantly breaking up and volume ramping and dropping out altogether). I returned the phone to the store on the 7th day and the store denied that there was any fault, saying that there may be network problems, but offering no solutions or assistance in any way whatsover.

Since then I have been using a Vodacom sim because the Cell C sim in unusable. With the Vodacom sim the data is fine and voice reception is slightly better, but callers still complain of the audio problems and a conversation is almost impossible. I have experienced the problem consistently in Uitenhage, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg and surrounding areas.

From this I conclude that the poor data and reception is caused by the Cell C network being just plain useless, but the audio problem is caused by the phone being faulty.

I have now spent enough time finding out what the problem is, and have struggled enough with the poor service that I am paying good money for.

I want to know what Cell C is going to do for me.

Last edited:

mogwaai

See history of the problem here

Cell C

I got an iPhone 5 from your Store in Uitenhage on a Straight up 200 contract on 5 February 2013.
Tax Invoice No: NL.01IN0352213
IMEI No: 013551001524054

I experienced very bad signal and almost non existent Data from the start, and found that voice calls were almost impossible (Callers complain of audio constantly breaking up and volume ramping and dropping out altogether). I returned the phone to the store on the 7th day and the store denied that there was any fault, saying that there may be network problems, but offering no solutions or assistance in any way whatsover.

Since then I have been using a Vodacom sim because the Cell C sim in unusable. With the Vodacom sim the data is fine and voice reception is slightly better, but callers still complain of the audio problems and a conversation is almost impossible. I have experienced the problem consistently in Uitenhage, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg and surrounding areas.

From this I conclude that the poor data and reception is caused by the Cell C network being just plain useless, but the audio problem is caused by the phone being faulty.

I have now spent enough time finding out what the problem is, and have struggled enough with the poor service that I am paying good money for.

I want to know what Cell C is going to do for me.
Check your iPhone IOS is 6.1.1?

shanezn

Expert Member
iOS 6.1.1 update is for the 4S. Definitely sounds like you may have a problem with the device.