Cell C will pay you R20,000 to cancel your cellphone contract

WillPower TJ

To me it seems like the Cell C's only marketing strategy is to get everyone to hop on. Free Facebook, Free airtime when you recharge, free whatsapp (sort of),Contract buy outs …they'll do anything, no matter the price. Maybe it might pay off in the long run, who knows. I just wish they would focus more on improving their networks instead of these stupid promotions **** that probably have them skipping breakfast for two days.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
What sort of contract would cost R20k to buy out of?

Xzib1t

Expert Member
No thank you I actually like my mobile network, besides my current contract is nowhere near R1 000 per a month...

Bern

Expert Member
Its amazing how people look at contracts on face value in general and never bother to do the math properly.

I run PAYG @ R0.79 p/min billing per second and then add a data bundle, but I still have massive flexibility. I haven't seen a contract in the market currently that charges less than R1.50 OOB which is crazy. You'd think you'd get rewarded for signing up to a company for 24 months, but then they give PAYG all the good rates.

At least Cell C are actually subsidising the phone cost a bit, so not such a bad deal other than the OOB and 24 month part that is.

Jan

Drifting in the black
Updated articles with corrected SMS rate from Cell C. Pinnacle OOB SMS rate is 15c/message, not 50c.

signeffex

Its amazing how people look at contracts on face value in general and never bother to do the math properly.

I run PAYG @ R0.79 p/min billing per second and then add a data bundle, but I still have massive flexibility. I haven't seen a contract in the market currently that charges less than R1.50 OOB which is crazy. You'd think you'd get rewarded for signing up to a company for 24 months, but then they give PAYG all the good rates.

At least Cell C are actually subsidising the phone cost a bit, so not such a bad deal other than the OOB and 24 month part that is.
Cell C offers a chatmore contract with a 79c/min oob
Prepaid they've got a 66 or 69c/min rate

kianm

Honorary Master
Eh? Aren't some of these promotions like moving from the frying pan into the fire??

Honey Badger

Honorary Master

With Telkom Mobile the OOB rate is 29c

Bern

Expert Member
Cell C offers a chatmore contract with a 79c/min oob
Prepaid they've got a 66 or 69c/min rate
Kind of my point, prepaid is cheaper than if you sign up for 24 months despite you often not using all your monthly minutes. Cell C is very frustrating as they went from simple great deals to all kinds of complication - you can't combine a good call rate with the cheap data bundles for example. That and unfortunately in the greater CT area their reception is still lacking:( I would switch to them just to support them if I could get LTE access in places I need it where VC and MTN cover.

Why don't they make contract rates 66c as a standard and prepaid 79c and allow you to add a competitive data bundle?

With Telkom Mobile the OOB rate is 29c
On net is not really useful when that constitutes less than 10% of the market and the same argument, why is the better deal on prepaid?