• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

CellC – Worst broadband service ever (200GB pre-paid rip-off) – Fix your crap!

graybeard

Cell C for yourself how bad it gets!

Yup. I agree. It is now one day short of a *month!* that I was promised feedback on my queries/complaints and have heard absolutely NOTHING from them.

So, on a scale from 1 to 10, how do I rate Cell C's "service"? It has to be ZERO.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
@ The_Librarian

I have 3 MikroTiks of which the one RB951Ui-2Hnd has a USB port. In the past I did actually use that router for connecting to 3G, but at that stage I was with MTN and was never forced into the direction I'm currently heading with Cell C, so I never tried all these tricks on it.

The thing is, there are no specific settings in RouterOS for this if you have a look at the PPPOE settings tabs. But that's fine, you would not need them anyways ;)

You could attach your 3G dongle temporarily to your pc/laptop and use ginggs' MDMA program to manually set the band which your modem will remember when you unplug it again (mine does at least). When you pop it back into your MikroTik it should connect only to the band you just set it to without fiddling with RouterOS settings.

By simply connecting to the 900MHz band my signal strength is more than double that of connecting to the 2100MHz antennas.

Give it a go and let us know how you did!
We use Telkom Mobile for internet access. It is by far very good, especially the 500Gb nightly bundle deal.

Wife still have issues with CellC. Going to wait and see what happens next.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
This is the end of the 7th business day. The Cell C rep who contacted me last week assured me that technicians would be investing and reporting back within 7 working days.

I have not heard from them since and in the absence of any communication from them I am left to make only one conclusion. You Cell C people are a bunch of lairs. You only have yourself to blame for what is about to happen next.

For anyone considering joining the dysfunctional Cell C family and subjecting themselves to probably the absolute worst customer service our country has ever spawned, I have the following advice:

View attachment 489906

Hi Digital_Nomad

Please change your network settings to roam on Vodacom and let us know if there are any changes.

Cell C has a roaming agreement with Vodacom and allows you to roam for improved network.

^MM

LetsDance

I am very happy with my 200g package -speedwise and usage rate. More than 6 months and I have still have 130g remaining. Mind you I watch movies at 240p. Might have to go a bender though before the year runs out.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
These Giga packages are great products, but they're let down by Cell C's poor network. Next week I'm finally done with Cell C.

It's sad as this is the kind of internet solution I want. Data valid for a year and if I run out just buy more, valid for another year.

Mrlepen

I am very happy with my 200g package -speedwise and usage rate. More than 6 months and I have still have 130g remaining. Mind you I watch movies at 240p. Might have to go a bender though before the year runs out.
Interesting what speeds you getting ? You downloading movies?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
These Giga packages are great products, but they're let down by Cell C's poor network. Next week I'm finally done with Cell C.

It's sad as this is the kind of internet solution I want. Data valid for a year and if I run out just buy more, valid for another year.
Hi cr@zydude

Your network query was referred to our Network Team. They could however not assist you further as you have not been taking our calls nor replying to our emails.

Please let us know if you would like for the matter to be re-escalated.

^MM

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Hi cr@zydude

Your network query was referred to our Network Team. They could however not assist you further as you have not been taking our calls nor replying to our emails.

Please let us know if you would like for the matter to be re-escalated.

^MM
I've responded to multiple calls in 2018, each asking me if the problem is sorted out. As I explain to each of them, the problem is intermittent. Some of them admit to network congestion, others simply ask me to give them all details again.

My package expires in a few days and I simply won't buy from Cell C again. Telkom works perfectly at my house, so it's a network issue which Cell C hasn't fixed in 2 years. I'm tech savvy and willing to complain. Just think how many of your customers suffer in silence.

graybeard

Eish, you are lucky you've actually been called. I've been waiting MORE THAN A MONTH just for an email from them, as I asked for last year already. Their usual excuse is that they have been trying to phone unsuccessfully... blah blah blah... well, how dof can one be if trying to contact someone by dialling the number for the bloomin' router?!

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Eish, you are lucky you've actually been called. I've been waiting MORE THAN A MONTH just for an email from them, as I asked for last year already. Their usual excuse is that they have been trying to phone unsuccessfully... blah blah blah... well, how dof can one be if trying to contact someone by dialling the number for the bloomin' router?!
I gave them my cellphone number to avoid them calling my router. I've gotten 1 email which I responded to, not sure what else the rep is on about.