Cellc (Afrihost) - Cancellation fee..

crowbar2008

Hi Guys,

So I got a cellc 100GB SIM ONLY from Afrihost. I queried whether I have to pay the R999 cancellation fee and they said yes. Does this not only apply if you take the router and SIM? Apparently you cannot cancel withing 6 months of activation?

epah

Expert Member
With afrihost yes you have to pay even if it’s sim only. But with axxess you only pay if you took the router and then decide to cancel within 6 months

Koosie

Exactly why I read the T's and C's, almost went with Afrihost. Went with Axxess cancelled after 1x month sim only no CXL fee.

Totempole

Expert Member
Hi Guys,

So I got a cellc 100GB SIM ONLY from Afrihost. I queried whether I have to pay the R999 cancellation fee and they said yes. Does this not only apply if you take the router and SIM? Apparently you cannot cancel withing 6 months of activation?

It's the same rule with Fibre now. Has been that way since earlier this year.

But pretty sure you'd be able to keep the router after paying it?

So I don't think there's any reason to opt out of the "Free Router" with Afrihost anymore.

Shamiel_1

Hi Guys,

This is their statement on their website? I'm with Afrihost as well on the same package and I've been experiencing bad connection from the word go.. I'm trying to find out what the issue is but i want to get answers before my 60 days runs out... So i'm not sure why they told you to pay the cancellation fee unless i'm missing someting maybe T&C

1536175910509.png

Meyero

This is their statement on their website? I'm with Afrihost as well on the same package and I've been experiencing bad connection from the word go.. I'm trying to find out what the issue is but i want to get answers before my 60 days runs out... So i'm not sure why they told you to pay the cancellation fee unless i'm missing someting maybe T&C

View attachment 553295
According to their T&C for the Fixed wireless, the Double-Money-Back Guarantee is not applicable to the packages.

Always hidden in the does T&C.

crowbar2008

Always a catch somewhere had the same issue with Webafrica had to pay around R5500 cancellation fees when I moved house and their is no fiber in the new house :(

Raxi

Also fell for this one. Got a 50gb CellC sim (only) on the Afrihost APN and it's utter crap in my area (normal CellC is fine). Every time I follow up "they're working on it". When you sign up they tell you if you cancel you pay for the modem, which I understand. But it also applies to sim-only, which is hidden in the T&C's. I can switch to Rain without paying the cancellation fee, but I don't have coverage here. I can downgrade to 20gb too, which is the only way to reduce my losses. Should have gone with Axxess...

Koosie

Just a update from my side, Axxess cancelled after 1 month use (sim only) no cancellation fees :D

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Also fell for this one. Got a 50gb CellC sim (only) on the Afrihost APN and it's utter crap in my area (normal CellC is fine). Every time I follow up "they're working on it". When you sign up they tell you if you cancel you pay for the modem, which I understand. But it also applies to sim-only, which is hidden in the T&C's. I can switch to Rain without paying the cancellation fee, but I don't have coverage here. I can downgrade to 20gb too, which is the only way to reduce my losses. Should have gone with Axxess...

Hi Raxi

Have you queried the connection issue with Afrihost?

^MP

Raxi

Hi Raxi

Have you queried the connection issue with Afrihost?

^MP
Hi. Yes I have. I'm fairly certain it's an Afrihost issue as my normal CellC data sim works without issues. They have yet to find a resolution.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
We recommend that you follow up with them in order to get a resolution.

^MP

Sbu11

Hi Guys,

Their cancellation terms and conditions are very unfair. You take a SIM only and charged for cancellation of R999. You take both a router and SIM and still you are charged the same.

This is day light robbery. I would stay away from them if I were a prospective client and look for another ISP