Cellphone tower made my dogs fight and I have covered my windows with tinfoil

envo

Expert Member
The reason why your dogs are aggressive is because of your short temper. Now the reason why you can't sleep or have a short temper is the false sense of being kept awake by this tower. It's all psychological.

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Knowing the prices of mobile data, makes me aggressive and keeps me up at night. I can relate.

j4ck455

Executive Member
[highlight]The city council said the tower is not active yet[/highlight], according to the report, while MTN referred questions about the tower to the eThekwini Municipality.
Even a little bit of "Oros" is too much.

One thing the article completely overlooks is that municipalities (such as the Jozi CityPower project) bypass any bylaws to attract 3rd party revenue. In the case of the CityPower "streetlamp project" it is marketed as installing streetlamps in suburbs through the funding via 3rd parties. What that really means is that CityPower uses common property to allow companies such as MTN to install antennas without consent of affected parties.

In my area alone CityPower has planned 6 masts and they have avoided any public participation (in one case they want to put a high-powered cellphone mast into a creche without proper public consultation). It is certainly proven that a small minority of people have a low tolerance for EMF and it would be just right to have the proper process in place to notify affected parties (never mind the decline of property value if a municipality just drops a cellphone tower next door).

I tried to engage with the project consultants of the CityPower project and they have now stopped responding to any emails and masts pop up now on private property (one at a school, another at a church) without having consulted with affected parties. Sadly the local (DA) ward-councillor is completely useless.

FNfal

Executive Member
I have seen a lot of those towers go up on the Berea and Glenmore and was wondering who they are now i know .

mister

Executive Member
I have seen a lot of those towers go up on the Berea and Glenmore and was wondering who they are now i know .
It doesn't look like they are cellphone towers - I think the antennaes are for the free wifi project.

cavedog

Honorary Master
One thing the article completely overlooks is that municipalities (such as the Jozi CityPower project) bypass any bylaws to attract 3rd party revenue. In the case of the CityPower "streetlamp project" it is marketed as installing streetlamps in suburbs through the funding via 3rd parties. What that really means is that CityPower uses common property to allow companies such as MTN to install antennas without consent of affected parties.

In my area alone CityPower has planned 6 masts and they have avoided any public participation (in one case they want to put a high-powered cellphone mast into a creche without proper public consultation). It is certainly proven that a small minority of people have a low tolerance for EMF and it would be just right to have the proper process in place to notify affected parties (never mind the decline of property value if a municipality just drops a cellphone tower next door).

I tried to engage with the project consultants of the CityPower project and they have now stopped responding to any emails and masts pop up now on private property (one at a school, another at a church) without having consulted with affected parties. Sadly the local (DA) ward-councillor is completely useless.
I find that MTN follows a proper procedure. All MTN towers erected here in Richards Bay I did see a notices in the local news paper advising to their attention to put up a mast stating the address and all concerning parties that object need to do so in writing before x date. That date is usually like 1 and half months before they do anything.

Lonehill had an issue with towers, NorthCliff hill wants to remove everything on top.

Then people complain about slow/bad signal.

ECS license which allows us to put something up almost anywhere and tough shiz :love: