censorhsip

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocilah

Banned
nice to see myadsl is soo much like the old sa...

so when is the real story ever going to be revealed about cele... or are you just going to keep deleting posts like nazi's cuz certainly gonna be fun doing this... also shows the real story here...

i think the communists used to do a similiar thing when they wanted issues to dissappear... except they killed people... here we just killing posts...

niiiice...

myadsl = mynaziregime

slimothy

Banned
ye, 4 threads deleted today just for asking the question, i guess the mods are trying to save face and pretend like they didnt have a hand in conning people, but if cele wasnt a mod and if rpm never started that thread he wouldnt be seen as credible

freedom of speech isnt so free round here, unless you say "TELKOM SUCKS", you're allowed to say that

GuRu

ok so Telekom sucks but what is the answer to the question ?

Peapod

Expert Member
there is a very fine line between freedom of speech and defamation. make certain you know which side of the stripe you are standing on. what's your opinion on the rumoured 1st November pricing models? Because really, thats all that should be relevant.

nocilah

Banned
GuRu said:
ok so Telekom sucks but what is the answer to the question ?
it's also cool to say siswe is a d1ck!

but g0d forbid you question the integrity of a forum that questions the integirity of telkom...

ernstn

Expert Member
I have also been saddened by the whole experience, but so far has not posted once on this subject I have been a member of these forums since startup and whilst I believe that it was extremely bad what happened with this saga, playing on people's emotions, I find the personal insults and allegations much more degrading. Some of the most verocious protagonists in this argument, have not even been a member of MYADSL for a month. In this whole argument, but also over the course of the last year, the board has slowly lost the focus of what it was started for - ie to improve the ADSL experience of every Telkom sufferer. For a few glorious days after the Icasa report was released, we actually regained the focus needed and put all our energy into achieving something that many people unselfishly put their effort in to, without pay. However during that time eventually every topic also disappeared very quickly with IRQ style postings bearing little relevance to the subject matter at heart.

Although everything about the Cele affair was wrong, I cannot blame anybody except the man himself. This may be even wrong because part of his story seems to be true. However, the episode happened and I believe everybody is a bit wiser in the aftermath of it. If some people need to carry on the recriminations, why don't they host their own Cele forum, so that we can focus here on what the main purpose of this forum, ie to ensure that Telkom does not screw us into the ground any more. Especially with the dreaded 1 November looming. If it was not for RPM starting this forum, I believe that most South African ADSL users would still be paying a fortune for a vastly inferior service instead of the changes that are starting to filter through

ScrnScrm

Expert Member
Peapod said:
there is a very fine line between freedom of speech and defamation. make certain you know which side of the stripe you are standing on. what's your opinion on the rumoured 1st November pricing models? Because really, thats all that should be relevant.
My opinion - Telkom are playing the public to see what sort of response they get. The louder we scream, the more they will think about it. Nothing has been finalised yet...

dbnnet

So no one has the guts to put this fiasco to rest after all.

This forum now reminds me of the old National Party government.
I'm sorry to say, but if we are simply "kiddies' in the eyes of the form's "leadership" - I'm out of here.
(I would have expected this mentality from our politicians, but not from this enlightened forum).

Maybe I should simply delete all my posts (self censorship) ... and move on????

Dbnnet

WiseCrack

Expert Member
We decided to keep this thread aka the Cele asking money blah blag blah thread alive because we believe in our uber l337ness that all of the excisting MYADSL members and future formunites should have insight in all that has transpired.

OMW fook that we take that back.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Peapod said:

Freedom of speech you say? Well feel free to tell us what happened today then.

slimothy

Banned
by the way everybody, yesterday when i raised a question about peapods hand in the scam I PMd her to basically say no hard feelings I was just asking the question as it was raised on irc, she told me she was

peapod said:
all 3 of our famous MyADSL lawyers have been in touch. not threatening you, just advising you to retract what you cannot validate in fact.
basically to me that says if I even bring something like the possibility of another respected myadsl member being involved in the scam I can get sued or something.... I wasnt gonna bring this up but i feel like myadsl is going a little hectic with this censorship.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Hi Halicon, Slimothy

We certainly do not support censorship, but moderation is needed in some cases and this is an example of such a case. We understand that the deletion of posts can anger members which are why we do not often use this option. I am not entirely certain why the personal attacks are now hurled against the forum, its mods and admin. I can assure you that we do not want to hide anything, but simply want to ensure a constructive online environment.

Regards,

RPM

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
RPM

By not telling us all the facts and fobbing it off with a vague statement is why

Peapod

Expert Member
slimothy said:
just want you to know it isnt trolling and that it came up on irc and i poked my nose around the thread and didnt like what I saw... thats all

I'm not trying to insult you or attack your character, I'm just trying to figure it out without seeming high and mighty (although I may have failed on that last bit )

I'm sure you're an upstanding person, responsible and all that, no hard feelings.

I respect that you are more weary of peoples feelings than I am, but some of what I said needed to be said, not all granted... I'm not the most mature person in the world and do go overboard but some of it did need to be said.
followed by

slimothy said:
The thread is done anyway so not much I can do with a retractment.

I'm sorry to hear this caused so much stress, I'm sorry about the housewife comment and you know... no hard feelings.

By reading your comments it sounds like you think it was a witch hunt and I want you to know I didn't mean for it to come across like that.

The fact you are dissolving the fund shows me you are an honest upstanding person and don't want to be caught up in anything untoward. I respect your effort and honesty. I think the fund could have been kept if you were a little more transparent with it or perhaps I was misguided and just couldt find the information I was looking for.

Look I don't know how to word this, I'm trying to say sorry without saying sorry.. because I don't feel that asking the questions was wrong, just perhaps the way I asked them. True to my nature I said some insulting and inapprpriate things, for that I'm sorry.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from
Good luck with your future endevours.
me thinks slimothy you should go into politics.

WiseCrack

Expert Member
Yip I also received a PM from that person.
Wait let me retrieve the bugger..oh here it is

MyADSL Master

Default what are you implying?
if you would like to make this storm in a teacup any bigger, please carry on. but be certain that you have your facts very very straight.

Now I told her I was merely participating in a discussion surrounding the Cele road show and had no pesonal tiff with her.

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
Read me

here's an idea

only post in this thread if you wish to carry on bitching and whining, mauling the meaning of freedom of speech and maligning people/mods/the site

otherwise read something interesting

slimothy

Banned
im not trying to make waves for the sake of it, i just think if this is dealt with in the open it wont fester under the surface and people can see this forum deals with situations like adults.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Doesnt Telkom threaten with legal action everytime it, well, feels threatened?

Peapod

Expert Member
its over. kaput. no more blood to see on the side of the road. the ambulances have left the scene. lets move on with our lives now shall we?

VQuest

Expert Member
RPM, I've never once had a need to question you on anything you did, but I'm really puzzled by whats happening here today. It's human nature to need to know the answer to questions being raised before this can be put to rest. I think I know you well enough to know there has to be a reason for these answers not being given, but I really think you need to find a way to satisfy the curiosity of the people asking the questions.

A few days ago I said there will be a division in the ranks of MyADSL and it looks like I was right. If this is not put to rest the right way, there is going to be a major split in MyADSL and we really don't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.