censorhsip

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocilah

Banned
alacos said:
I am not referring to you. Are you really so self-important as to assume that a message headed "For slimothy and his gang" must necessarily be intended to refer to you specifically? Or are you just stupid?

Michael Alachouzos
i know... aint i just too cool? not as cool as you though reading through your website and stuff... i like your erhm... tunes too... er.. interesting.

So who were you reffering to openly on these public forums Mr Michael Alachouzos?

alacos

Legal Expert
halicon said:
i like your erhm... tunes too...
I'm glad you enjoyed them. But it's rather an old website, and the music files still on it date back about 7 years to when I was still studying harmony and counterpoint (and doing any computer stuff in MIDI, which was pretty-much all that there was back then).

nocilah

Banned
alacos said:
I'm glad you enjoyed them. But it's rather an old website, and the music files still on it date back about 7 years to when I was still studying harmony and counterpoint (and doing any computer stuff in MIDI, which was pretty-much all that there was back then).
great. you should update your website then.

slimothy

Banned
i haven't read past page four on this thread so I don't know whats been going but I see my name mentioned on this page... "slimothy and his gang" from some dude who also mentioned my first name (erm.. why) and the classic
BTTB said:
Why is it that, Halicon, Slimothy, Guru, Freshy-ZN and King Monty all have the same IP?

Edit. And Nadja that registered yesterday had the same IP?
So I'll respond in the order I saw them.

alacos... who are you and why do you keep mentioning me? I didn't start this thread and I think you've posted in it more than I have so I honestly can't see why you're addressing things to "slimothy and gang" and mentioning my first name like you're some leet cyber cop. Putting my name on it makes it seem as if it was meant for me, like you thought I was gonna read that and somehow if I did I'd change my mind, to alter one of your quotes, "Are you really so self-important as to assume that" i'd even care what you had to say, "Or are you just stupid?".

Its obvious that you are somehow emotionally involved, probably miffed at something I said and wanted to set me straight, aww thanks, pity all I did was read my name in your post and the "hidden message", so all you did was inflate my ego because now I can go around today knowing that some old pecker educated at eton college and oxford actually cares what I think enough to write up a little page on his little website. P.S. nice afro
P.P.S. I see you put my old number (not leet enough to have my new one eh?) on your site, I guess that means its my turn to dig up some **** about you, oh wait.. I can't be arsed to dig up useless bits of information on somebody I don't know. Oh BTW, EVERYONE IN THE WORLD KNOWS HOW TO WHOIS A DOMAIN, so lets not pretend like you made a point by gaining access to information I didn't already volunteer both at my registrar (to be viewed publically) and on this forum.

And finally, BTTB, I'm suprised a moderator on a premiere South African IT forum has never heard of a cache proxy, we have the same IP... because we use the same ISP, wait no, that couldn't possibly be the reason, I suppose every iBurst user in the country must be the same person.

Last edited:

BTTB

Forgive me.

Forgive me for asking a question?

No need to be so sensitive.

Thanks for your non constructive post and added value to MyADSL.

In the world that I live in, we help our fellow man when he asks a question.
Not put him down.

/BTTB goes out to water his flowers.

alacos

Legal Expert
slimothy said:
... some dude who also mentioned my first name (erm.. why)
You're right, Mr Smith: such presumed familiarity was uncalled for. My apologies.

slimothy said:
why do you keep mentioning me? I didn't start this thread and I think you've posted in it more than I have so I honestly can't see why you're addressing things to "slimothy and gang"
I imagine that everyone here who followed the (now-deleted) "Celemasiko Very Ill" thread will know perfectly well why.

slimothy said:
to alter one of your quotes, "Are you really so self-important as to assume that" i'd even care what you had to say
I think that there are reasons why you should care. They have been pointed out to you by two lawyers on this forum -- dominic and me. And that's not intended to be taken as a threat of any sort, by the way. But please don't repeat the same sort of behaviour here in future.

slimothy said:
so all you did was inflate my ego
I'm not at all sure that that is even possible. Your ego seems to me to be so inflated already as to be beyond possibility of further inflation. Any more, and it might burst!

slimothy said:
... some old pecker educated at eton college and oxford
It's not (yet) a crime to be well-educated.

slimothy said:
BTW, EVERYONE IN THE WORLD KNOWS HOW TO WHOIS A DOMAIN, so lets not pretend like you made a point by gaining access to information I didn't already volunteer
Actually, I wasn't aware that you had a domain to WHOIS. What is it?

Michael Alachouzos

nocilah

Banned
alacos isnt it true if you want to open a case against someone on this forum, someone would need to lay a charge?

i am intrigued how such a thing could happen and how defermation of charcter is achieved when personal identities are often never used?

for example if i say you once lied about x y z and say bad things about you how are you ever going to prove i did? perhaps someone used my computer or my account?

who exactly am i reffering to? I could be using your nick and refer to you by your nick which is still pretty sketchy.

how would you also identify the person? Lets say you identify me. How could you possibly prove that i was at my machine at that time?

why would you possibly do all this, when surely it would be up to the mods. I think banning a person from Myadsl is a far more effective means.

But then you are a lawyer and as far as i can tell you are simply 'threatening' the not so legally inclined and using a normal scare tactic, which in itself could be conluded as rather childish and highly reflective of your true nature.

please also explain the following:
They have been pointed out to you by two lawyers on this forum -- dominic and me. And that's not intended to be taken as a threat of any sort, by the way. But please don't repeat the same sort of behaviour here in future.
I would like to bring your attention to the bold part above and please explain why this cannot be seen as a threat?

Is this normal behaviour from a person in your position and standard? Is it because you would like to make money? It is all rather confusing and sounds rather threating to me.

So in future please be a little clearer or concise, which is something i know is incredibly difficult in your field, because i think more then a couple of people have seen your lovely little message for Slimohty and the gang as a threat.

I think your posts should be noted by everyone here... considering.

kind regards
halicon

kingmonty

Expert Member
This is a public forum. I don't think it's necessary to bring legal ethics in. However, I will note the following: Lawyers *are* clear and concise. If that were not the case, the lawyers would be out of work - quickly.

Things will get rather ugly if defamation cases are opened. There really is little point as that will spell the end of this forum, as access to the servers will be required to gain access to all logs, etc. Do not get emotional about these issues.

In terms of threats - by definition (and I'm certain alacos will concur) Lawyers tend to use language that may be perceived as more uh *threatening* than some others.This is unfortunately one of the perks of the job.

As a rule: If you're unsure about legal implications of what you may say to someone: don't say it. Your opinion noted on a public forum is is by definition supposed to be suitable for public access. These *issues* can be resolved by simple, constructive communication, instead of heavily undertoned, sarcastic and threatening responses.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Michael, you look like Bob Geldorf! lol

Disclaimer: The above statement was not a threat, not abuse, not confrontational and not meant to offend.

nocilah

Banned
fact of the matter is i cant see how anything legal can occur on here unless it involves money.

after all, as we have seen recently, behind a nick can be an entirely different person then what is being percieved.

alacos

Legal Expert
kingmonty said:
Things will get rather ugly if defamation cases are opened. There really is little point as that will spell the end of this forum
I absolutely agree. And that is one of the considerations which weighed quite heavily in the decision to delete certain threads from the forum. It had nothing to do with "censoring" anyone.

In fact, from a legal point of view, slimothy is actually one of the people protected (to some extent) by the deletion of the threads in question (including his own extremely unpleasant postings therein). IMHO he should stop complaining now, and get back to posting about the sort of tech issues which he actually knows rather a lot about (and where his contributions to MyADSL are actually sometimes of significant value).

Michael Alachouzos

pupa

Banned
What bickering I am new here Hope it ends Scares us away!

Sue me for this, Rather see HOW You can sue TELKOM UNDER COMMON RIGHTS LAWS FOR LACK OF PROMISSED SERVICES OR GOODS

alacos

Legal Expert
pupa said:
Sue me for this, Rather see HOW You can sue TELKOM UNDER COMMON RIGHTS LAWS FOR LACK OF PROMISSED SERVICES OR GOODS
That's about the most sensible comment that's been made here since the whole Celemasiko/"censorship"-etc drama started. So please, everyone, let's just agree to treat pupa's posting as being the last word on this issue.

Michael Alachouzos

Last edited:

GuRu

pupa said:
How can you sue them when it says " Best effort" ? for the speed and service etc ..

pupa

Banned
We have Lawyer on this site Let them comment

Your common law rights protect the inocent customers against company's. That why you never must sign so called warranty cards. You sign Your common law rights away where a court can decide based on evidence whether You had a fair deal or not. Just cost money. You must be sure You can win.

But then again we are in South Africa where the law protect the Monopoly's like Telkom and the richest of the Richy Rich clan

slimothy

Banned
Michael, I can call you Michael right? I think we're on a first name basis now.

The thing I can't get my mind around has little to do with this thread, I don't see why the interest in me from some lawyer who seems to be involved with myadsl, antitrust and hellkom to a degree. I like to think I can put one and one together and it seems to me this is all tied in with the PeaPod thing. Thats great but perhaps you should have started your own thread or sent me a private message or email (I'm sure you got my email address when hunting for my name/phone number/whatever else) because this thread actually has little to do with me or the legalities of deleting posts/threads.

We are well aware that we do not have full editorial control over the myadsl forum and that for any reason what-so-ever an admin or moderator may edit or delete any post. If we want it different we can start our own forum (to summarise your previous statements). The thing is, this isn't about whether the mods can delete those topics, its about the hypocracy when they do. Sure we all see the need for it.. we are trying to have a civil place to discuss broadband in this country but when the mods block out an entire issue from discussion rather than just a few posts due to insults or whatever, it looks bad for this forum that uses the freedom of speech card to exist.

Look we realise we have no control over the situation, but thats why this threads title is genius, we can discuss the same stuff we did in the deleted threads however because of the title alone it makes it harder to delete because if this thread wasnt allowed to run its course (which I think it has now) you would just prove halicons point.

Michael, stop snooping.

Status
Not open for further replies.