CEO suspensed for looting booze,appliances

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Went to a private school that costs a couple R100000 per year...CEO of a company who is probably NOT short of money...goes out and loots. Hope you get fired you greedy opportunistic sod.
Fired? Straight to jail with this ****.

Reactions: ES1

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Fired? Straight to jail with this ****.
Fired is the start. Then he needs to be kicked off that financial board so he can't take up something like this position again. THEN jailed. Hoping at least Hilton College also does something about this. What a disgrace...can't even blame WMC for his actions bearing in mind the school he went too.

CommonSense

In short,

Poster 1 was wondering why the guy had to throw all his hard work away for a washing machine.

Poster 2
Said that the actions of the guy implies that there was no hard work involved in building his career and he probably got to where he is today through criminality or corruption, on the assumption that he had rich parents who sent him to best schools.

Poster 3(TheChamp),
I suggested that a lot of assumptions are being made about someone we don't know, the fact that someone can do an act of criminality today does not necessarily mean they don't value what they have because they got all of it through criminality, that's where the Hansie and Pistorius examples came in, showing how people can throw all the hard work away because of an error in judgement.

Hope that clarifies things, if it doesn't I am open to being paraded in the streets and forced to condemn looting by CEOs.

This is MyBB. It is almost mandatory to never agree with anyone who might have different views on politics in general than you have.

That mentality does, sadly quite frequently here, lead to situations where a post is willfully twisted to something it did not say.

I know a lot of people on here will not accept anything you say because the party you support and the one they support does not align.

Sadly, this mentality from a lot of posters here is indicative of why SA cannot move forward. There are a lot of people who are unable to "build that bridge" based on common views on certain issues. They always have to be contradictory, never mind what.

I am glad that back in the 90s there were people in charge on all sides of the spectrum who were willing to set aside their differences to find common ground to try to build a better South Africa.
I still hope there are enough people willing to find that common ground in order for the people of SA to find peace. At the moment it unfortunately looks like those who wants to destroy (a) the looters, b) those who try to sow division3) as well as those unwilling to find common ground to build that bridge) has the upper hand and the trajectory is still not on the right track.

There is some views you Champ and I definitely do not agree on, but a lot of the things you do say have merit if one is willing to apply critical thinking ability and understanding the thought. I find it very disconcerting that a lot of posters does not appear to have that ability or they simply like trolling and being 'the strong, unbending man". They stand the risk of breaking if they are not willing to bend and flex a little.

Neuk_

Executive Member
They did a good job of packing up the washing machine in its original box with all the tape and binding....

Little of what I heard in the voice note makes sense...

Moving house at night
Some items in brand new packaging
Using their own vehicle to move house
Out after curfew
Driving while intoxicated
Transporting alcohol

And on top of that the claim is that while doing all of that which doesn't sound credible to start with, they made a pitstop to go and watch the looting, after curfew, while intoxicated, transporting alcohol and at least a few household items in brand new packaging.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
CEOs loot and get away with it all the time. Look at Markus Jooste and Carlos Ghosn. Or are we upset because it’s a wasmasjien.
Yes, let's condone his actions. Shame...poor, rich CEO. Simply wanted to get involved in looting with the masses so as not to be left out.
They ALL should be in jail. Make no mistake. Everyone who steals. Start with government first.

berrypi

any we get social media saying this is deeper than looting and crime blah blah blah... PROOF that its not apartheid or inequality that is the cause of this.. its thieves. Kla.

lkswan747

Expert Member
My fiancé’s brother was the year below the suspect in high school, he shared a voice note claiming the suspect and friend were moving house, after curfew, while intoxicated and went to go see what was happening with the looting and have receipts for all the items found in the car A very interesting claim…
Utterly laughable! Caught with your fingers in the till and still deny, deny, deny.

konfab

Honorary Master
From their website.
It is often translated as “I am because we are,” or “humanity towards each other”

In a more philosophical sense it is the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity

You see, he was just practicing Ubuntu.

krycor

Honorary Master
I lmao when i saw this now.. idiot. reminds of the plethora morons doing every traffic violation in the book and then pull out a fat wallet.

While this guy is epically dumb with a criminal act(traffic offences baring drunk driving are civil), it does speak to the impunity some believe they have and this is in no way limited to a particular race, culture or creed. Pull back from that will be interesting and i'm wondering if this was corp policy kicking in or shareholder pressure?

PS. A few places have zero tolerance for execs btw.. but i think they need to do this on all levels of management if we truly want to see change.

krycor

Honorary Master
This is sadly the error with South Africa, you break a law there is no recourse. Looters need a cultural shift.

The problem is that what brings law and order in a country is not law enforcement per say. Rather in modern democracies it's all about inclusion in society.. but when you purposely fragment society the way people do (from every reason e.g. racism, culture preservation bs, security, wealth etc) you basically have varying levels of morality and thus are more heavily dependent on law enforcement. <-- something which can't work even in the most advance of countries because civilians outnumber enforcement by default.

And no.. the past was also a complete failure as they focused on security of one group only.

surface

Honorary Master
CEOs loot and get away with it all the time. Look at Markus Jooste and Carlos Ghosn. Or are we upset because it’s a wasmasjien.
Honestly, I don't understand these petty CEO's who loot a flipping washing machine. Come on guys, do something like billion rands worth of accounting irregularities and get some respect.