Certified Gas Installation - who ? (gas hob)

ekske1

Expert Member
Who to ask for doing a decent and certified including the cages for Pretoria. Then typically what gas bottle size should I take for a 60cm gas hob? I would think 2x 9kg might make the loading and refilling easier than say 2x 48kg. Finally rough cost estimate would be nice as I see price ranges from 2k to 7k.

spiff

Expert Member
if your in cape town

I have 3 gas points - stove / geyser / heater - connected to 2 x 19kg bottles

Attachments

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
Who to ask for doing a decent and certified including the cages for Pretoria. Then typically what gas bottle size should I take for a 60cm gas hob? I would think 2x 9kg might make the loading and refilling easier than say 2x 48kg. Finally rough cost estimate would be nice as I see price ranges from 2k to 7k.
If you are only ever using a gas hob, I would take the 2 x 9kgs. They will last months and months and yes be easier to refill and transport. Only need the 48kg's for gas geysers and fireplaces.

If you are only ever using a gas hob, I would take the 2 x 9kgs. They will last months and months and yes be easier to refill and transport. Only need the 48kg's for gas geysers and fireplaces.
^ This. If you want to go the cage route, I would suggest rather do the 18kg cylinders. If you want to stick to the 9kg, sacrifice the cupboard next to the stove and put one gas bottle in there and the other in your garage as a spare. There are a number of installers in the pretoria area that can accommodate you

ekske1

Expert Member
if your in cape town I have 3 gas points - stove / geyser / heater - connected to 2 x 19kg bottles
bit far from pretoria, but thank you :)
^ This. If you want to go the cage route, I would suggest rather do the 18kg cylinders. If you want to stick to the 9kg, sacrifice the cupboard next to the stove and put one gas bottle in there and the other in your garage as a spare. There are a number of installers in the pretoria area that can accommodate you
Will do. As it goes outside where its a pass through for complex upkeep.

CB40

Not sure if they do Pretoria but West Rand Gas has a very good name. They are in Krugersdorp

Mista_Mobsta

I am a bit late on the uptake but is having a 9kg gas bottle inside the home not a massive risk on your insurance profile and something you have to have certified and declared to your insurance company?

ekske1

Expert Member
EcoGas completed the installation and I will go with them again:
  • Professional
  • Informative
  • Friendly
  • Thorough Checks
    • Complete leakage check after install
    • Hob checked
      • Nozzles
      • Normal lit
      • Manual lit