Change Microsoft account

1cdorli

I've had a MS account for ages, together with its Onecloud data cap of 5GB.
My recently purchased Office365 has a 1TB amount, but was set up with a different email address.
I obviously want to use 365, but am scared of cocking things up!
Please advise

VanillaBox

Expert Member
Good morning,

It sound like it is done.

So you had a @Hotmail @live or @outlook account, then you bought a 365 Personal or Home/Family version, activated it with a new username?

Now you want to move the license to your other account?

If so, you need to contact MS support, but chances are slim that they would help you.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I've had a MS account for ages, together with its Onecloud data cap of 5GB.
My recently purchased Office365 has a 1TB amount, but was set up with a different email address.
I obviously want to use 365, but am scared of cocking things up!
Please advise

Go into Office 365 portal, download and install Office 365 from it. Viola. Office on your computer and working. You give no indication on if you want to use the 1TB OneDrive or not, so can't say if it will conflict with your possible use of 5GB "Onecloud".

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
1 - I've had a MS account for ages, together with its Onecloud data cap of 5GB.
2 - My recently purchased Office365 has a 1TB amount, but was set up with a different email address.
1 - Logon to your OneCloud and backup the data. Then remove any auto sync options. Log out of OneCloud
2 - Logon to your Office365 account and copy the data to the new storage. Setup any new sync options.

Not all that difficult.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Log into the new account in Windows, and log into the old account if you need something there.