• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Changing to CoolIdeas from WebAfrica

I signed up for Webafrica fibre service a few months ago. Now that CoolIdeas have dropped their prices I want to switch to them.

If I cancel with WebAfrica, do I then have to pay them the OpenServe installation fee?

So that means that I will be missing out on the free installation by CoolIdeas, therefore paying in where I could have not?

Is there any way around this?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I signed up for Webafrica fibre service a few months ago. Now that CoolIdeas have dropped their prices I want to switch to them.

If I cancel with WebAfrica, do I then have to pay them the OpenServe installation fee?

So that means that I will be missing out on the free installation by CoolIdeas, therefore paying in where I could have not?

Is there any way around this?
Any amounts you've agreed to pay Web Africa will still be due. So if installation was not free then you're paying for it. You shouldn't incur additional installation expenses though for a simple ISP migration.

Just make sure you never ask anyone to cancel your line - it's a migration you're after. I think WA have the same crappy cancellation policy as Mweb, so you may only be free to use another ISP from July. For now all you probably need to do is get your cancellation request processed by WA.

Any amounts you've agreed to pay Web Africa will still be due. So if installation was not free then you're paying for it. You shouldn't incur additional installation expenses though for a simple ISP migration.

Just make sure you never ask anyone to cancel your line - it's a migration you're after. I think WA have the same crappy cancellation policy as Mweb, so you may only be free to use another ISP from July. For now all you probably need to do is get your cancellation request processed by WA.
Thanks, I have emailed to request a fibre migration.