Charged for data usage on BIS

dryburn.macbook

Hi everyone, i have been with Cellc since September and have been quite happy with my phone and package.

That was until last night, I made a call at 8:30pm and checked my airtime R268 and then tried to make a call at 9pm all my airtime was used up!!! I called 140 immediately and logged a query(query num: 1120603551) and then I called to follow up this morning at 9am, got through one very rude lady said she could see the query and it will take 24-48 hours, sure ok then I ask for the time being how I could use my phone to make calls, they said my phone will be unusable until they could tend to the query, then I request to speak to the supervisor, she said sure then put the phone down on me. Then I called again, requested to speak to the supervisor as I was told by the other lady I was going through to him then had the phone put down on me, then had to go through the whole confirmation of my identity, then the guy told me he will have a look at the query before he could put me through to the supervisor. Then he had a look, same story then i request to speak to the supervisor, and sure enough after 15mins of my life wasted got to speak to him, told him the whole story and he said he could see that data was being charged for then I told him it was impossible as I am on BIS and I have never had the cellc wap settings on the phone and havent streamed a youtube video, reminded him when the BIS stopped working for a week i didnt have access to internet on my Blackberry as i chose not to download the cellc wap settings. Then I requested to cancel my contract as i cannot call and get what im paying for. Then he said email customerservices@cellc.co.za and request there. I asked him when would i receive a response from them as when ill get my airtime back, he then said by latest Friday. Then I told him that i was told it will take latest 48 hours so now its 72 hours! and he then said he would not answer the question. and blablabla

then i got a sms 11:19am saying my airtime was used up on 134.90mb and i then dialed 140 again requesting to speak to IT department. then spoke to someone who should hardly speak one word of English without pronouncing it correctly, then got transferred back to the call center asking again to speak to Technical Department then the lady had to confirm my identity once again!! and then she said she will have to log another call as to investigate the previous query!!(query num: 1120701353)

so now on MyBroadband to see if Cellc rep can help. I didnt come here immediately as I thought I could have been solved over the phone, so I'm on here to test if the cellc rep is truly helpful! will send him/her a pm with a link to this post and my number to speed the process.

thanks mybroadband members.

Last edited:

Fiza

here's to hoping you get it sorted out. these mobile operators screw too many people over

robertwj

This happened to me with MTN. I download a 50mb file and it took almost R100 of my airtime. I called them to ask why this happened and the idiot told me its because downloading is charged for and browsing is free. Very dumb answer but i guess that is what is expected from emptyN. To this day i have downloaded a few things here and there and have not been charged.

dryburn.macbook

yea that's what happened to me, i have never ever been charged and now suddenly been charged!! like i said in the post^ never ever downloaded he cellc wap settings as to avoid been charged for data usage! so they cannot tell me i used wap!!!

will post on hellopeter if cellc rep isn't helpful

zizo911

Executive Member
Hey guys! anyway try to get hold of a Cell C rep on the forum, which will be soon.
Do you perhaps know what downloaded it? BIS normally warns you if you are going to be charged, I have yet to be charged for downloading anything on BIS. Im sure there is a mistake somewhere and hopefully Cell C can sort it out for you.
Good Day

dryburn.macbook

Well they supervisor said that there is a notification that you will be charged, never ever received that message, once when I tried a youtube video but sucks on a small screen, so never did that again, as I have said there is no reason why I should have been charged! been using BIS for a while now and if I don't receive help with this issue I will cancel my contract due to that fact that I'm not receiving what I paid for and cannot use my phone for phone calls, what if there was an emergency and I needed to call someone to help, and I get injured or worse killed, cellc will be liable as a cell phone is part of ones first chance to call for help!!

That is a bit extreme I know, but I will take it there if I am not helped. There are many scenarios, and by cellc not providing me with a service then they are jeopardising my family's security.

dryburn.macbook

Got a call from an idiot(andelle i think) that told me i have no knowledge on what i was speaking about!!!, what happened...he tried to explain streaming to me and I then explained to him the correct process and then told me i should go to an internet cafe and ask someone to explain it to me as i don't have knowledge to what I'm talking about. I totally lost it!!!! I didn't swear or anything like that even though i wanted to but just told him my mind and he said something and put the phone down(when a customer is upset you should just transfer them to your manager, right?? not put the phone down)!!! called 140 again requested to speak to the supervisor and then call got cut....called again and then request once again and waited and waited then someone picked up didn't say anything then put the phone down!!!!

Pakka

Expert Member
You really should start recording these calls, then post them here and expose the rude asshol*s

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away....

dryburn.macbook

To make things worse!!! this guy andelle disabled my BIS, or disabled the service books to be sent to my phone!!! I have called the technical dept requested them to send me the service books twice!!!! both times unsuccessful!!! this whole situation is getting on my nerves and has escalated due to one rude person!!! Some good news, got a PM from CellC rep.

Last edited:

dryburn.macbook

spoke to the technical manager and he seem quite helpful on sorting out my BIS connection again, and then will deal with the rude andelle, then will have to go back to the original problem!!!

Update 1: got a call from someone in technical, at 2:26pm and told the guy I am just going on lunch and ask if he could call back, to my surprise he called me on time and must say I'm impressed

Update 2: got BIS sorted thanks to the help of one of the manager's guys, waiting for him to call me to see what will happen with the situation with andelle, then gotta see whats up with the main problem with my airtime being used up.

Last edited: