Chatsworth KZN Fibre

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
Seems like the majority of the fibre there is actually live with Vumatel Reach and Openserve, but it depends on your road and coverage as it seems like quite a few roads aren't covered.

object

Looks like Vuma Reach has a max of 40mbps. I took two lines. Waiting for installation. The map says “still in the rollout phase”

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
Looks like Vuma Reach has a max of 40mbps. I took two lines. Waiting for installation. The map says “still in the rollout phase”
Still in rollout but can be pre-ordered is pretty common. Also yes, Vuma Reach has a max of 40mbps as it is aimed as a great cost-effective entry to fibre. Openserve has great packages and a higher speed, if you are covered by both it's not a bad option at all.

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
All the FNO's in KZN really are going all out with their rollouts. There are three providers in Glenwood, all busy working at the same time, more in Sydenham and even the South Coast is getting attention.

Enigmo

What an absolute disaster. They (Vumatel) dug trenches and laid out the fibre cables about 2-3 months back. So I assumed it should have been live about now and sent in cancellation to Telkom end of July.

Internet services have been cancelled and Shallcross still isnt live yet (-_-)

Going to be using rain (pray for me) or apply for dsl with afrihost until the area is live.

Btw, how long does it take to go live?

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
Btw, how long does it take to go live?
Well that is the golden question, we have seen some Vumatel rollouts go live in 2 weeks and other expand and wait for over 3 years. There are too many factors but the fact that its an in-progress build means its probably still a month away from going live, but it shouldn't be multiple months away.

The easiest way to know is to get an ISP to speak to Vumatel and see if they can give you a status update on the build.

Enigmo

View attachment 1159674

@Enigmo
Shallcross is now live ., have placed order for my parents

On the Vuma map the area is live, but the ISPs that I contacted are just as lost as me. I've spoken to afrihost (decided to preorder because why not), home connect, cool ideas and 1 or 2 more (can't remember). All are saying I can either preorder or wait till we go live because they don't know anything. I assume they're still trying to connect a few more streets. Hopefully it's done soon and .....

....screw rain. Had better speeds with dial up. Useless service...

Johnny_Q

On the Vuma map the area is live, but the ISPs that I contacted are just as lost as me. I've spoken to afrihost (decided to preorder because why not), home connect, cool ideas and 1 or 2 more (can't remember). All are saying I can either preorder or wait till we go live because they don't know anything. I assume they're still trying to connect a few more streets. Hopefully it's done soon and .....
....screw rain. Had better speeds with dial up. Useless service...

I orderd from Afrihost

1633446866938.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

I orderd from Afrihost

View attachment 1160588

Drop me a pm so I can check the status of the order for you.