Cheap prepaid courier with insurance up to R10000?

Soulware Technology

Expert Member
Hey guys are there any cheap prepaid courier services that don't charge an arm and a leg for insurance?

Shippler quoted R800 just for the insurance on a value of R 10 000 while PostNet quoted R450 (5%) for insurance.

5% is a steep price to pay that is maybe the profit made on the sale of the item so how do smaller businesses send parcels confidently?

I know Courier Guy charges around 2 to 3% for insurance but the initial deposit has been a factor for me not to sign up with them.

Soulware Technology

Expert Member
3% is the standard rate
I'm fine with 3% but courier services have become a lot more inaccessible. In the past, you never had to worry about insurance charges. Up to R10 000 was usually included in the base price.

I feel like there is no way a home-based business can sell thing outside of their own town.

Feeling stressed out right now.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
I'm fine with 3% but courier services have become a lot more inaccessible. In the past, you never had to worry about insurance charges. Up to R10 000 was usually included in the base price.

I feel like there is no way a home-based business can sell thing outside of their own town.

Feeling stressed out right now.
Reach out to Ichigo on Carbonite he works with Courier Guy should be able to hook you up

ImagineFZS

Fastway has a prepaid account however, they only offer insurance up to a value of R1000. Maybe get in contact with them and ask if they can up it?

RLDUP

Reach out to Ichigo on Carbonite he works with Courier Guy should be able to hook you up

I second this, he has been amazing with shipping whenever I need.