Cheap & Reliable VPS in South Africa

TheeAndre

Does anyone know or can recommend any VPS or Cloud Server hosting company in South Africa? There are a couple that i've come accross but then their bandwidth overage pricing is expensive. I have a couple of cloud based servers in the UK & US & would like to mirror them with a South African Provider.

George djG Smith

Fact

Amazing company, great customer service, friendly staff...

Never had a problem that the owner, Jason, cannot solve... Amazing customer support.

10/10 - well done elitehost!!!

sewash14

Try host1plus.com They have a datacenter in joburg so no high ping. They prices are very very cheap. Just $3 (about R33) for 20GB hdd + 500gb bandwidth + 1IP + 256mb Ram + 0.5core CPU. You can select which stuff you want more of, eg more hdd space, more ip addresses,etc,ec

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Try host1plus.com They have a datacenter in joburg so no high ping. They prices are very very cheap. Just $3 (about R33) for 20GB hdd + 500gb bandwidth + 1IP + 256mb Ram + 0.5core CPU. You can select which stuff you want more of, eg more hdd space, more ip addresses,etc,ec
+420

imbayago

WOW... This is great. How reliable are they? I've been searching for a VPS provider with backups. Elitehost are great but i fear not having backup features with them.

Thor

Honorary Master
Elitehost

Nuffsaid

Still have the Elitehost package however Domains.co.za is my go to now due to superior support and uptime.

Last edited:

ThreeThirds

Enigma_

So far I'm very happy with Web Africa: https://www.webafrica.co.za/hosting/vps/ - for a designer that had absolutely no idea of server setups, ssl, etc - their support was steller. They were very helpful, friendly, patient every time I called - I usually speak to Geoffrey.

Their pricing has been the same since 2013 as far as I can tell from this article: https://www.webafrica.co.za/blog/hosting/web-africa-re-launches-vps/

It depends on who you speak to. Their support is not as good as it used to be but you can strike it lucky and get through to someone who is experienced and willing to go the extra mile, but it's not always the case. They also do not provide support out of the VPS setup scope (ie. may not help you with software installs). Pricing is decent, but the specs are outdated, just remember that this isn't a cloud hosting solution and that there is no redundancy and no backup.

If it's not an important project or one that requires top-notch infrastructure then yes.

Enigma_

We have various vps options available we are also in the process to offer gameservers at a monthly rate (a great priced rate)

Have a look at http://lawebs.co.za

Kind regards
So, you're offering a VPS with 50 CPU's, unlimited disk/bandwidth/Memory for R500 per month? Might want to fix that on your site.

gkm

Expert Member
Yes, very curious what kind of motherboards they use that proves 50 CPU's and what kind of hypervisor they use that proves unlimited memory, that is now after they plugged the unlimited memory into the motherboard and started an operating system that can address unlimited memory. :wtf:

Cyrex

Cyrex representative
Company Rep
Good day

We have fixed the Problem on the site as the site got mixed up between hosting and vps options Apologies for this

Kind regards

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
* Reseller is spelled with one "s" for your menu item.
* Virtual Private Servers - Some of the buttons for sign up are missing and you may want to fix the layout so some of the options don't drop to the bottom and therefore get missed.
* Clicking the "Show Menu" button runs a menu all the way down the page and past the content, past the footer.
* "Powered by WHMCompleteSolution" - explains a lot
* "Copyright © 2016 LA Webs PTY LTD. - All rights reserved. " .... "Copyright © 2016 LA Webs. All Rights Reserved." - 2 completely different page layout types with different footer texts, but that's because your site switches between your site and the CRM you got from the reseller provider.

The prices look good but if you can't get a simple website layout or spelling correct I would be very skeptical about using your services as I have no faith in your ability to fix a serious server issue. I can only deduce that you are some sort of VPS reseller.

Last edited:

flippakitten

Expert Member
Elite host, I have my SSL cert through them and their support is rocking.

Only reason I use Hetzner Germany for my VPS is cause it's cheap and their support is also excellent