Cheaper BlackBerry Internet Service from Vodacom incoming

Lydon

Expert Member
As usual...Vodacom following others. South Africa's "leading" cellular network.

Mark.K

I'm not a blackberry person but feel like the deals that are coming out are very insulting and I'm not expecting anything mind-blowing from Vodacom at the moment will wait and see hope its not as bad as MTN not that it effects me in anyway.

Beri

Expert Member
Why make a statement about nothing. Make up your minds about the price and then tell everybody.
I am going to use the toitel next week.....just to let you know.. results will be posted then

Beri

Expert Member
Strange this is that blackberry is already overloaded and now they want to add more cheap people to it....

Allin

Expert Member
Vodacom will [-]join [/-] follow South Africa’s other mobile network operators in launching low cost BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) packages, a company spokesperson has told MyBroadband.
There Jan, I corrected it for you.

Last edited:

Niren_M

Let me guess, 15MB for R15 per month? Following the yellow company's marketing plans?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Tell people the price, that is all they care about....

But yes, its becoming very clear that Vodacom is no longer SA's leading network, they are following everyone else atm (or at least CellC)

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
Vodacom does not have this product out yet. They are probably losing some customers with the the competitors already having products out. Vodacom tries to compete, but not innovate. MyBB should not this publicity when the product is not launched - I would prefer silence from Mybb unless Vodacom was bringing something new, not when they are playing catch-up after screwing the consumer.

Mr.CookieMonster

Expert Member
Nothing special to see here.

R59 for full BIS is not expensive at all, considering you get unlimited Internet.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Vodacom does not innovate. Look how they copy the cheaper cell phone rates of Cell C, the cheaper BB rates, cheaper iPhone offerings etc. The list goes on. Why can't they do anything on their own? What is wrong with Vodacom?

Allin

Expert Member
Vodacom does not innovate. Look how they copy the cheaper cell phone rates of Cell C, the cheaper BB rates, cheaper iPhone offerings etc. The list goes on. Why can't they do anything on their own? What is wrong with Vodacom?

:erm: Complacency?

The answer is very simple: A 50 ton truck's handling characteristics just makes it so more cumbersome and tiring to maneuver into the fast lane than even a Citi Golf.