Cheaper BlackBerry Service plans revelaed by MTN

Mark.K

lmao 10mb cap lol hahahaaaa it was while since i heard a good mtn joke see they are back with it!!! i hope trevor noah is looking at all the good material that they are giving!! Maybe they had a error and forgot to add another zero :p
:whistling:

Niren_M

Information on the packages are the same as the post the other day on MyBB, so why did MTN marketing state that MyBB published incorrect information on their BB packages?

Last edited:

albert123

Expert Member
Company Rep
Information on the packages are the same as the post the other day on MyBB, so why did MTN marketing state that MyBB published incorrect information on their BB packages?

the previous artcile basically stated there will be no uncapped bis anymore from mtn and even the R59 one will have a 100mb cap. which seems to not be the case...

but seriously 10mb cap? lol

rpm

Admin
Staff member
There are some differences, including high end package and out of bundle rates. It is always difficult to establish whether this was always the plan, or whether it was in response to the feedback after the previous article (the comment were not too kind towards the planned caps ;) ).

vzta22

Imagine you finish 10Mb in a day and they start charging you R1/Mb! Soon we will start hearing about bill shock from users on this plan.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
So let me get this straight... MTN expects potential BlackBerry users to pay between R4.95 and R9.95 more for the same amount of data available with a R10 data bundle? What's the point of getting a BlackBerry, then?

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Imagine you finish 10Mb in a day and they start charging you R1/Mb! Soon we will start hearing about bill shock from users on this plan.

Lets not forget who this is aimed at.
People living on the mobile bread line not the heavy downloader.Aimed squarely at prepaid, the contract user should know better and should be wary.

good to see the major hiccup of limited access on full BIS rectified.

Nether

Expert Member
People living on the mobile bread line not the heavy downloader.Aimed squarely at prepaid, the contract user should know better and should be wary.

Imagine living on the bread line, and your remaining prepaid money gets eaten by OOB rates, even with BIS compression, and no downloading, would you make it with 10mb?

drukkie

Expert Member
here mybroadband....here is 100k....
Now can we PLEASE retract our idiotic press release earlier the week??? and say that it was your fault?

and then go and put some more crazy price plans on LOLOL

drukkie

Expert Member

If you can't pay R14 then maybe it's time to let your BB go...
Not that the 10MB will get you very far....well maybe BBM yes...but you need to control yourselve to not wander onto the other goodies.

moklet

Expert Member
10Mb cap I'm sure this is a type and they meant 10Gb cap. What the f... can you do with 10Mb. I will be capped in 5 minutes

The Trutherizer

Executive Member
Why would I possibly pay R30 for a capped deal if I can get uncapped for R60? Are these guys smoking their socks?

The Trutherizer

Executive Member
If you can't pay R14 then maybe it's time to let your BB go...
Not that the 10MB will get you very far....well maybe BBM yes...but you need to control yourselve to not wander onto the other goodies.

I have a better one.. If MTN can't provide 10MB for under R1 then maybe they are in the wrong business.