Cheaper BlackBerry Service plans revelaed by MTN

defcomk

Information on the packages are the same as the post the other day on MyBB, so why did MTN marketing state that MyBB published incorrect information on their BB packages?
i thought wait a min DeJaVu didn't they deny this haha MTN is a joke no jokes. lol mybb must sue MTN marketing for posting incorrect information about it posting incorrect information.

da_iP_Guy

i wonder if any of the highly technically, enlightened people commenting on this thread understand HOW BLACKBERRY Data works before making snide remarks. Do they know that BB data is first compressed and then encrypted from the phone to the BIS SERVER and down again. Ratios are between 2.5:1 and 10:1.

Odracir

Expert Member
i wonder if any of the highly technically, enlightened people commenting on this thread understand HOW BLACKBERRY Data works before making snide remarks. Do they know that BB data is first compressed and then encrypted from the phone to the BIS SERVER and down again. Ratios are between 2.5:1 and 10:1.

and your point being...???

entrepr

Expert Member
Certainly missing the point of why I got Bb in the first place

As for denouncing yesterday's BB article :confused:

Should be thanking Mybb for giving some free publicity - twice

skippydox

So if i go on my gmail and download a 2mb word doc...how much is actually being deducted from my quota?

diabolus

Executive Member
10MB BIS for R14.95, what a rip off, thats more than R1.00 per MB!!

Yea, i don't get it. It's cheaper to go OUT OF BUNDLE from the start! At least then your first 10MB will only cost you R10 . R1.50 p/MB in bundle price, crazy...

mazelove

i will rather have Cell C R30 deal = R30 airtime, 30sms , 30Mb than Mtn R14 = 10MB only:(

droidx

Expert Member
i will rather have Cell C R30 deal = R30 airtime, 30sms , 30Mb than Mtn R14 = 10MB only:(

Mtn are just proving how useless they are.
I won't be using blackberry but still leaving this silly network!

Roadrunner

Expert Member
Is MTN also catering for the baby market now?

10MB is barely enough for an infant using a cellphone as a rattler. :D

Ecco

Executive Member
10 and 25Mb caps when the normal product is full uncapped. Doesnt make sense to set such a low cap.

encrypted

MTN is going to take you on a magical journey, climb aboard kids:

failwhale.gif

Munch

It's a scam. They get most of their base to downgrade to capped BIS. Then when MTN finally discontinues uncapped BIS package for good they pis of less people. They just trying to get as many people on capped as possible.

falcon786

Honorary Master
Thank goodness i ported to 8ta last week,cell c could have also got my bis money gladly but not these thiefs.

siraman

Expert Member
Honestly,honestly, I don't know on what planet these MTN clowns live in.A deliberate way to steal money from uninformed consumers,why on earth if you were informed would you rather not go for this instead of the crap MTN are offering.

For only R27 per month you get:

Unlimited access to:

BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™)
A unique instant messaging service designed just for BlackBerry® smartphone users. Wherever you are in the world, BBM™ enables you to instantly chat, send and receive pictures and much more in real-time, making it the ultimate tool for people who want to keep in contact on the go.

BlackBerry® Email
Create your own BlackBerry® email account so you can send and receive wirelessly on your smartphone.

On-device Browser
All BlackBerry® smartphones have a built-in HTML Internet browser with full colour image display.

BlackBerry App World™
Find and download loads of FREE and paid for apps designed to work seamlessly with your BlackBerry® smartphone – all from one convenient place, the BlackBerry® App World™ storefront. Personalise your BlackBerry smartphone with games, social networking, personal productivity apps and so much more.

Social networking (facebook®, Twitter, foursquare, LinkedIn® and more)
Your BlackBerry® smartphone comes with popular social networking apps including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

R13 more than the crap MTN offering and you get amazing value.

Me thinks this is MTN's way of preparing for when RIM goes belly-up, that way when all goes to hell they can move BB users to normal internet(ie:- not BIS) and still make money out of them and then say hey look all our blackberrys still function fine and now we don't have to let you all out of your contracts.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Imagine living on the bread line, and your remaining prepaid money gets eaten by OOB rates, even with BIS compression, and no downloading, would you make it with 10mb?

Clever move by MTN.
Most of the people on the MTN network buy R5 airtime to keep themselves connected.What better way to tap into this market by introducing dirt cheap BB rates.
Now everyone will want a BB and use BBM ,and who's gonna sign them up?
MTN.

to the majority of people in South Africa communication is the key not fancy apps, browsing and downloading.Hell some of them don't even know what Google is.

For you and I this is utter crap but for the mainstream this is the holy grail.