Cheapest and best VPNs to use in South Africa

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Cheapest VPNs to protect your privacy in South Africa

South Africans can pay as little as $2.44 (R33) per month for a reliable virtual private network (VPN) to protect and enhance their online activities.

There are several reasons to connect to the Internet via a VPN, including greater privacy, to circumvent censorship, and accessing geo-blocked content.

A VPN provides you with a secure line of communication between your devices and the web, hiding your IP address, keeping you anonymous, and preventing the government or an Internet service provider from snooping on your online activity.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Lol security.org is pay to play. All those scores are affiliate paid. Avoid.

Last edited:

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Cheapest != Best

There was also report a while that lots of these cheap VPN's terminate in China. If you are signing up for a VPN you need to do your homework and also check if you really need one. Pretty much all traffic nowadays is encrypted so if you are only using it for this then you are wasting your money.

Kaysway

Knew I was going to find @backstreetboy here promoting windscribe, hope this promo isn’t for free, you should be getting paid at this stage

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
What did you pay for it?
Grabbed a lifetime plan at the end of 2018 for $46. Best money I've ever spend. Once my controld smart dns (same company) plan runs out I'll get that and support them. The a la carte plan for $2 per location and unlimited data with ROBERT adblock is cheap as chips.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Can't go wrong with ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Private Internet Access. But my personal favourite is ProtonVPN as they have some strong ass servers for content and speeds.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Tom's Guide gives you some to pick from. Published a few hours ago.

Their site also has a Best of Cheap VPNs guide out recently.

Last edited: