Cheapest and best VPNs to use in South Africa

randburgred

Cheapest VPNs to protect your privacy in South Africa

South Africans can pay as little as $2.44 (R33) per month for a reliable virtual private network (VPN) to protect and enhance their online activities.

There are several reasons to connect to the Internet via a VPN, including greater privacy, to circumvent censorship, and accessing geo-blocked content.

A VPN provides you with a secure line of communication between your devices and the web, hiding your IP address, keeping you anonymous, and preventing the government or an Internet service provider from snooping on your online activity.
I was told to go with SmartDNS cheaper and better Thoughts?

The Magster

Interesting article. I'm not a tech expert and use my computer for emails, reading the news and googling stuff. So please excuse my queries. With certain people getting away after openly stealing and looting billions, does it mean that without a VPN I could be prosecuted for downloading an mp3 of 6 megs? Yassis! But doesn't a contract with an ISP prohibit the use of a VPN? And finally, would the ISP be able to in any way see that a VPN is being used? Excuse my ignorance on the subject. Thanks

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

If you know where to buy, you can get Nordvpn for under R10/m for 6 devices. Who cares about security, watching Uk/US Netflix is already worth it

Leno

Expert Member
Interesting article. I'm not a tech expert and use my computer for emails, reading the news and googling stuff. So please excuse my queries. With certain people getting away after openly stealing and looting billions, does it mean that without a VPN I could be prosecuted for downloading an mp3 of 6 megs? Yassis! But doesn't a contract with an ISP prohibit the use of a VPN? And finally, would the ISP be able to in any way see that a VPN is being used? Excuse my ignorance on the subject. Thanks
I suspect your ISP may have some T&C's about using VPN for malicious activity, but not VPN in general, lots of businesses use it for remote staff etc

The Magster

I suspect your ISP may have some T&C's about using VPN for malicious activity, but not VPN in general, lots of businesses use it for remote staff etc
Thank you. How does VPN, ISP and this new cybercrime act affect "torrenting" which I hear people speak about?

maqs

im deciding between the 3 that seem to be listed on most sites
Express
Nord
surfshark

am i losing out on anything by choosing surfshark as its much cheaper if you buy into their package
or even Nord?

Express is the most expensive of the 3

Crumbl0x

im deciding between the 3 that seem to be listed on most sites
Express
Nord
surfshark

am i losing out on anything by choosing surfshark as its much cheaper if you buy into their package
or even Nord?

Express is the most expensive of the 3
If you're just after streaming / downloading use, nah you should be fine with either (or the Windscribe buffet if we're talking cheaper).

I currently have Warp+ and Nord 3 Years for these purposes and I can saturate my line speeds quite well on most respective servers, only minus is that Nord isn't the most third-party friendly but it does the job so w/e.

maqs

i guess i would like to be able to
access other versions of Netflix?
Disney channel?

bit of streaming etc

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
i guess i would like to be able to
access other versions of Netflix?
Disney channel?

bit of streaming etc
Netflix is banning VPN's again so it's a hit or miss. Netflix works on Windscribe in most regions still apart from the US. Build a plan is only $1 per location and $1 for unlimited data and ROBERT adblock.

maqs

with winscribe will i be able to access other regional versions of Netflix
or US Disney channel!?

maqs

ive done some searching online and nowhere does Winscribe come up in any rankings for VPNs
lots of other VPNs recommended for unlocking Netflix etc but i dont see anyone recommending Winscribe

all the ones i quoted originally say they unlock Netflix...do they?
expensive mistake if i commit to 1 or 2 year options

ld13

Honorary Master
.... So commit to the $1 option for a month as a test?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
ive done some searching online and nowhere does Winscribe come up in any rankings for VPNs
lots of other VPNs recommended for unlocking Netflix etc but i dont see anyone recommending Winscribe

Those are all pay to play and the ones paying get high rankings. Simple as that... https://blog.windscribe.com/were-not-paying-for-1-25b4e55ca10f

lunch

Has anyone tried exitlag? Looking for a good vpn for gaming. International ping has gotten quite bad

maqs

tried surfshark
Netflix US etc worked on iPad,tablet, phone but not on TV
set up the DNS settings as advised but would not play
proxy/block error

chatted to surfshark support
they have been experiencing issues with Netflix for while they said ...quoted a lot of people were cancelling
managed to cancel as it was under 30 days

thinking maybe Nord or Express but thinking they probably getting same issues

where next