Cheapest cash and contract iPhone 6s and 6s Plus prices in SA

cozinsky

Expert Member
Trust vodacom to be 20% more expensive than anybody else :/
As a Vodacom subscriber due for an upgrade, I could not justify myself paying so much for a contract. I love the network so I did not want to leave it even though Cell C really nailed it with their offerings. So I just bought the 64gb iPhone 6s outright at iStore and will use my phone prepaid on Vodacom. Anyone else wants to share their experience?

cozinsky

Expert Member
I just wish FNB could have iStore prices payable without interest like they used to have. At these inflated prices they have lost me as customer.

km2

Expert Member
As a Vodacom subscriber due for an upgrade, I could not justify myself paying so much for a contract. I love the network so I did not want to leave it even though Cell C really nailed it with their offerings. So I just bought the 64gb iPhone 6s outright at iStore and will use my phone prepaid on Vodacom. Anyone else wants to share their experience?
Any reason you didn't take the contract with Cell C, cut up the SIM card, and then use the phone with Vodacom prepaid?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Any reason you didn't take the contract with Cell C, cut up the SIM card, and then use the phone with Vodacom prepaid?
+1 or even just bought a cheap cheap R199 phone to put the Cellc sim in a use the inclusive data. Buying the phone outright cash is madness as it offers NO value for money at all. In fact contract prices are much cheaper and you get the inclusive value too.

cozinsky

Expert Member
I considered it but Cell C did not vet me despite me having an immaculate credit record and earning 6 figures a year. After I resorted to Hellopeter they apologized profusely and offered me any contract but it was too late by then. I see other complaints on Hellopeter about other high valued clients getting declined for no reason. There is something seriously wrong with their vetting system so I can't be bothered with their incompetence.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I be interested to know what the value of a R22 000 phone will be a year down the line.

You'd be lucky to get R8k for it.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
You can buy a car for the price of that scrap phone. There is literally nothing justifying the price of these phones nowadays. They do serve one purpose - it's the equivalent of hanging a neon sign around your neck saying "I'm too dumb to be your friend - run far away!"

moosag

Expert Member
On vodacom and due for an upgrade. But cannot justify paying so much more on Vodacom for the iPhone 6 64GB.

Might just buy the phone outright or take the cell contract and keep using my vodacom sim card.

cozinsky

Expert Member
On vodacom and due for an upgrade. But cannot justify paying so much more on Vodacom for the iPhone 6 64GB.

Might just buy the phone outright or take the cell contract and keep using my vodacom sim card.
That is your best option. No doubt.