Cheapest fibre deals by line speed in South Africa

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Cheapest fibre-to-the-home deals in South Africa

South Africans can now get uncapped fibre packages starting from as little as R299 per month thanks to substantial price cuts in the past year.

Openserve, Frogfoot, Vumatel, MetroFibre, Herotel, and Octotel were among the fibre network operator that announced speed increases and price cuts on various lines.

These changes have enabled ISPs to improve the speeds of their entry-level offerings and slash prices to customers across the board.

There are now numerous fibre packages with download speeds ranging from 25Mbps to 50Mbps available for less than R500 per month.

eddief1

Expert Member
Thank you Herotel and Telkom for providing well priced entry level packages.

Cactus

@Jan I'm not sure if you can still actually get the 10Mbit Herotel package. 50Mbit is the lowest it seems - at least when I enquired on my parent's behalf. Everyone I know that was on 10Mbit upped to 50Mbit

Spaj

Be aware some of these prices are promotional. IE Some WebAfrica prices are valid only to the end of the year. Not a fair comparison.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Article confirms what many of us knew - If you're looking at a low speed entry into fibre, Vuma is not your friend. My inlaws have that problem - Vuma lines start at almost double what FF offers but they don't have FF at their address. As a result, they are sticking with congested LTE for now

twinkletoes

As expected, Metrofibre nowhere to be seen. They have some of the highest prices and a captured market in some areas.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Who would have thought R399 uncapped 25Mbps broadband would be a thing?

Romito

Expert Member
RSAWEB pricing for the 10Mbps up to the 35Mbps is the same, or is it on promotion?

dualmeister

Honorary Master
That 1 Gbps / 1 Gbps is the same price as my 200 Mbps / 100 Mbps.
Octotel are supposed to be micro trenching my estate soon.
Bring it on.

lucifir

Expert Member
I see homeconnect has 30/3 at R388 on frogfoot, but they did not feature in the article :unsure:

The Magster

Cannot wait to move away from Vumatel. Those guys are sharks.
Please do not insult sharks. Sharks are way better than Vumatel. But, yes, I agree that I too cannot wait to move. It's just that my area is monopolised by Vumatel. Damn.