Cheapest mobile Internet deals in SA

LCBXX

Honorary Master
MTN, blatantly absent. Probably intentional that they are the old-toppie in the picture.

Last edited:

Randux

Expert Member
Nice deal TM but you guys make it hard to get your deals since you don't stock in big chainstores, its TM stores only (I know of only one in PMB and its far from where Im at)
Me wants that starter pack

Sodan

Expert Member
Still would like to know if I can bolt this on an to an existing (prepaid) SIM.

MKFrost

Expert Member
Well done Vodacom for offering the same at almost double the price....

We expected no less.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Still would like to know if I can bolt this on an to an existing (prepaid) SIM.

Sadly you can't.... You will also be stuck on the 8ta more price plan.... No way to change to sim sonke and have this on it....

Telkom makes it very hard to get a one size fits all. Sim sonke + this deal would be great value for money and kick the competitors to the dust BUT they don't making it basically just a average offering in terms of voice and a goodish offer for internet.....

siraman

Expert Member
Nice deal TM but you guys make it hard to get your deals since you don't stock in big chainstores, its TM stores only (I know of only one in PMB and its far from where Im at)
Me wants that starter pack

+1

The distribution channel from vendor to consumer is broken:( that is, outside the metro's.The nearest one for me whether it's W/S/N is over 230km away.:mad:

Dlamaqhinga

Expert Member
True, don't understand the reason for Telkom to close their store in Mthatha / Circus Triangle, now you must go to EL or QTN
+1

The distribution channel from vendor to consumer is broken:( that is, outside the metro's.The nearest one for me whether it's W/S/N is over 230km away.:mad:

They need to find a partner with natioanl foot print, like Post Office & PEP that will off their products pre & post paid

siraman

Expert Member
True, don't understand the reason for Telkom to close their store in Mthatha / Circus Triangle, now you must go to EL or QTN

They need to find a partner with natioanl foot print, like Post Office & PEP that will off their products pre & post paid

And I thought the Post Office would be the appropriate channel partner(given their historical relations:D).

don't understand the reason for Telkom to close their store in Mthatha / Circus Triangle

You have no idea the trouble I went through when my wife "temporarily lost" my 3G dongle with 1.8GB+1GB data balance and the efforts I had to go through to do a sim swap.:(

Last edited:

Dlamaqhinga

Expert Member
And I thought the Post Office would be the appropriate channel partner(given their historical relations:D).

You have no idea the trouble I went through when my wife "temporarily lost" my 3G dongle with 1.8GB+1GB data balance and the efforts I had to go through to do a sim swap.:(
Telkom is shooting itself in the foot, They have their own coverage in Mthatha but can't cater for the potential customer who would want to sign up to use their network / services.

falcon786

Honorary Master
As far as I know you can get their starter packs at shoprite stores or is that not for data starter packs?

Reelix

The joke is on you. You are getting 200mb/month for 1 year = 2.4GB for your R45

1.) Get a freshly installed OS / Smart-Phone.
2.) Activate data, and wait 1 hour.
3.) Notice you have no data left.

Windows Updates / App updates equate to around 500MB / month, resulting in you losing all your data without actually doing anything :p